What's new

Helicopter

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter Bamps
  • Start date Start date
B

Bamps

Guest
I took a pic of a helicopter in flight. Oh yeah, it was at the Grand Canyon West Rim:sexywink:
 

Attachments

  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
It's also blurry, blown-out, and the WB is off...
 
;) Just trying to be objective.
 
It's also blurry, blown-out, and the WB is off...

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? The cliff this chopper is against is about a mile high. It's full zoom with a 300mm and the chopper is hauling A.
 
It's also blurry, blown-out, and the WB is off...

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? The cliff this chopper is against is about a mile high. It's full zoom with a 300mm and the chopper is hauling A.


Was the said cliff hauling ass too? It is blurry as well, which appears to be have been from both a little motion blur and missed focus.
 
It's also blurry, blown-out, and the WB is off...

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? The cliff this chopper is against is about a mile high. It's full zoom with a 300mm and the chopper is hauling A.


Was the said cliff hauling ass too? It is blurry as well, which appears to be have been from both a little motion blur and missed focus.
Not really, the helicopter is focused and moving past the face at high speed.
 
Have you been to the Grand Canyon? The cliff this chopper is against is about a mile high. It's full zoom with a 300mm and the chopper is hauling A.


Was the said cliff hauling ass too? It is blurry as well, which appears to be have been from both a little motion blur and missed focus.
Not really, the helicopter is focused and moving past the face at high speed.


I haven't been to the G.C. (flew over it once.) But Braineack is correct the chopper and the wall are out of focus. (zoom in to see). No need to worry, it is what it is, learn from it for the next time you have a similar situation.
 
Was the said cliff hauling ass too? It is blurry as well, which appears to be have been from both a little motion blur and missed focus.
Not really, the helicopter is focused and moving past the face at high speed.


I haven't been to the G.C. (flew over it once.) But Braineack is correct the chopper and the wall are out of focus. (zoom in to see). No need to worry, it is what it is, learn from it for the next time you have a similar situation.

There you go, I will agree, but you zoom in on any distant pic, especially motion, it will be out of focus, I feel I captured what I wanted, the scale of this thing. The helicopter itself was but a tiny spec barely visible to the eye. This is not like a 4/5 ft zoo shot, this is a HUGE distance with only a 75-300mm lens at 104 degrees Fahrenheit temp. This is a mile deep cliff. Lesson learned thanks for your inputs.
 
Well congrats on capturing what you wanted. The feedback comes from the fact that you posted in General Galley. This is where most post for C&C and there was nothing to indicate that you did not want that.
 
There you go, I will agree, but you zoom in on any distant pic, especially motion, it will be out of focus,
So you are saying there is no way to get a distant object in focus? Specially if movement is involved? Wow. Don't mention that to landscape or sports photographers. As for motion, you either need a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the motion, or to smoothly pan with the object to give it a sense of motion. Judging by the rotors on the helicopter, you had plenty enough speed to freeze the actual chopper. You simply missed focus.
 
To you two latest posters, I started my last post with, "there you go, I will agree" so back off. I don't mind criticism, that's how you learn, I was not saying it's not impossible but if you zoom in far enough it will turn into little dots, if you all want to jump my sh!t, I will leave this site for good. I don't care either way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom