What's new

Helicopter

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter Bamps
  • Start date Start date
To you two latest posters, I started my last post with, "there you go, I will agree" so back off. I don't mind criticism, that's how you learn, I was not saying it's not impossible but if you zoom in far enough it will turn into little dots, if you all want to jump my sh!t, I will leave this site for good. I don't care either way.

Not to worry Bamps - in reading through this I think they were generally trying to be helfpul, just might have felt a little like "piling on" from your perspective after the first couple. All in all I do like the original photo, it is pretty amazing to get a feelling for the sheer size of that massive canyon wall and the helicopter does do an excellent job of illustrating that. I did find a couple of sites early on that I bookmarked when I first got started with digital that talk about atmospheric haze and some post processing techniques that can be beneficial when you encounter it, one in particular I really liked:

Photoshop Tutorial ? Atmospheric Haze | Ralph Nordstrom Photography

It's more landscape oriented but might still be of some use.
 
To you two latest posters, I started my last post with, "there you go, I will agree" so back off. I don't mind criticism, that's how you learn, I was not saying it's not impossible but if you zoom in far enough it will turn into little dots, if you all want to jump my sh!t, I will leave this site for good. I don't care either way.

Not to worry Bamps - in reading through this I think they were generally trying to be helfpul, just might have felt a little like "piling on" from your perspective after the first couple. All in all I do like the original photo, it is pretty amazing to get a feelling for the sheer size of that massive canyon wall and the helicopter does do an excellent job of illustrating that. I did find a couple of sites early on that I bookmarked when I first got started with digital that talk about atmospheric haze and some post processing techniques that can be beneficial when you encounter it, one in particular I really liked:

Photoshop Tutorial ? Atmospheric Haze | Ralph Nordstrom Photography

It's more landscape oriented but might still be of some use.

well, I ain't mad at nobody, it's just the harshness I suppose, no one had any answers, just complaints. The first poster that answered hit the nail on the head. It was too far, I have shot animals and sports and they are closer, you don't shoot it from a mile or more away. It really wasn't a big deal. If I didn't respect opinions here, I wouldn't be here.
Thanks for the link, I'll look it over and maybe pick up some techniques and ideas.
 
I haven't read the entire thread.......................... but I just blew it up, zoomed in, and the chopper is out of focus. What's up with that?!














































LOL!!!! Sorry, Bamps, couldn't resist!

:lol: :lmao: :mrgreen: :D
 
You know, snerd, smart asses like me hate smart asses! Lol:cheers:
 
Cool shot. It's always good when you get the shot and you like how it comes out.
 
Cool shot. The Grand Canyon is amazing, pics don't do it justice; its SO immense. Thanks for sharing.
 
To you two latest posters, I started my last post with, "there you go, I will agree" so back off. I don't mind criticism, that's how you learn, I was not saying it's not impossible but if you zoom in far enough it will turn into little dots, if you all want to jump my sh!t, I will leave this site for good. I don't care either way.

Not to worry Bamps - in reading through this I think they were generally trying to be helfpul, just might have felt a little like "piling on" from your perspective after the first couple. All in all I do like the original photo, it is pretty amazing to get a feelling for the sheer size of that massive canyon wall and the helicopter does do an excellent job of illustrating that. I did find a couple of sites early on that I bookmarked when I first got started with digital that talk about atmospheric haze and some post processing techniques that can be beneficial when you encounter it, one in particular I really liked:

Photoshop Tutorial ? Atmospheric Haze | Ralph Nordstrom Photography

It's more landscape oriented but might still be of some use.

well, I ain't mad at nobody, it's just the harshness I suppose, no one had any answers, just complaints. The first poster that answered hit the nail on the head. It was too far, I have shot animals and sports and they are closer, you don't shoot it from a mile or more away. It really wasn't a big deal. If I didn't respect opinions here, I wouldn't be here.
Thanks for the link, I'll look it over and maybe pick up some techniques and ideas.

No worries. I think what might happen here too - I know a lot of times when I start reading a thread I'll start from the beginning (especially on C&C stuff) and I don't always read what anyone else posted before I post, so I'm assuming that sometimes others will most likely do the same.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom