Hello all! A little about me...

Deltarat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpryorphotgraphy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and gals! I'm Jason. Glad to be a new member here. I look forward to soaking in some knowledge.

I have always loved photography. I took a course by mail with The New York Institute of Photography when I was about 20 years old. I finished the course, and then never really did anything with photography, other than using it as a hobby. I went to school and got a drafting and design degree. I began working for an architect doing building designs. My photography skills did come in handy a few times while I was working for the architect. After 5 or 6 years doing architectural work in Jackson, Mississippi, I moved to Mobile, Alabama, which is where I am now. I've been doing design work for the marine industry. Basically I help in the design and drawing of ships. Most of the work I've been involved with has been for the US Navy.

I'm 34 years old now, and I've let my photography hobby slide. My love for it has always been there. I just didn't give it the time it needed. I want to change that.

I still have my old Minolta Maxxum 400si film SLR that I used when taking my course with NYI, but I have moved on to the digital front. I first bought a Nikon Coolpix P90, which I still have. I then purchased a Nikon D200 DSLR, which I love and is my main camera.

The reason I joined this forum is because I desperately want to improve my photography. I drove to Dauphin Island, Alabama yesterday evening to take some photos and really get into my hobby again. After coming home to look at the results, I could tell I have been away from photography for too long. The shots weren't bad. They just weren't what I was hoping they would be.

I look forward to interacting with everyone here, as well as picking everyone's brain about photography.

Welcome Jason, you will get help here but sometimes it can be brutal so have a tough skin. All in all it all helps one learn about photography and people, lol Good luck to you

Thanks! Yeah, most forums are pretty brutal when it comes to critique. I can take it. I've spent years having my design work judged by the US Navy and the people that work for the US Navy. You develop thick skin very quickly when working in that environment, LOL!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back