HELLO everybody is a pleasure to be here.

Nabpso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My nickname is nabpso and this is my first post. Thisnis my first time in a forum and I really hope to be helped from this place. I am currently shoting with a Nikon D3100, and my only lens is a 50mm 1.8. Lately I have been very into photography, I am an excange student in bangkok and I am literally living with the camera on my hands, being continuosly stimulated from the internet. But i think that it's now time to move forward and buy a new camera, or maybe i just need a new lens. Bdw i would really like to join discussions and learning from you everybody in this forum. Thank you for reading......

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

As far as camera gear, ask yourself what types of photos are you having difficulty taking. If you can't get close enough, say, for wildlife, maybe you want a telephoto lens. If you can't get enough in the frame for say, landscapes, maybe you want a wide angle lens. If you are into portraits, maybe an 85mm portrait lens. If you want to take macro shots, then maybe a set of extension tubes or a macro lens. The D3100 is a fine camera, but is over 10 years old. Many improvements have been made in digital cameras since then, but don't buy a new camera thinking it will make you a better photographer. It won't. Learning the art and science of photography will make you a better photographer.

Welcome to TPF! A great way to get into discussions is to check out the Photo Galleries, and post your work for us. You can ask questions and get feedback on your shots, and also comment on the posted work of your fellow members.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

As far as camera gear, ask yourself what types of photos are you having difficulty taking. If you can't get close enough, say, for wildlife, maybe you want a telephoto lens. If you can't get enough in the frame for say, landscapes, maybe you want a wide angle lens. If you are into portraits, maybe an 85mm portrait lens. If you want to take macro shots, then maybe a set of extension tubes or a macro lens. The D3100 is a fine camera, but is over 10 years old. Many improvements have been made in digital cameras since then, but don't buy a new camera thinking it will make you a better photographer. It won't. Learning the art and science of photography will make you a better photographer.
I see and totally agree,
I just think that I need a new way to "see", and probably a new lens would be the right choice. I used to have an 18-105 l, but I have broken it, so I was thinking about a similar zoom. But in the last period I focused a lot on street photography, so a 35 mm could be interesting. But I am really opened to everything new, my last lens switch really helped me improving myself and opening my vision, so I'm just asking if someone here could be helpful. Thank you again for reading.

Welcome. I shoot (digital) with Canon 10D, 20D and 50D and many old film cameras. I agree the camera does not make a good photographer. I have taken great photos with all my cameras. Better lenses do help as a crap lens will take a crap picture no matter how good you are.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back