Hello Everyone

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey! I'm Matty or Matt, whatever you prefer :) I'm new at photography, been saving my money for a while to take it up and at a garage sale earlier today, I found a Canon FTb SLR for 10$. It appears clean and in working order, so I think I'll use it just to get started. I will get a flash very soon, from my uncle who has a few from his old Canon SLR. It's not digital, being about 25 years old but the focus and light adjustment seem working, there was a film in there when I bought the camera so I will smash it open and look at the negatives if that's possible.

I'm an UBER N00b when it comes to photography, so what kind of equipment is necessary for beginner photography? Like I said, I will get a flash and maybe my uncles longer lens if he lets me. He never uses it so why waste? :p

I don't think this camera is top of the line (obviolsly not) but is it sufficient to use? Has anyone used one before? I'm going to buy a 12-picture film to test it out indoors and outdoors to see how it operates. I also found the whole manual on the internet.

Since it isn't digital, I guess I'll have to scan my pictures into the computer. That's no problem I guess.

Well I hope I can get better at photography with some help and practice, I hope everyone is cool here and helpful, because I'll need a lot!

Thanks!

Welcome to TPF.
With Canon's you get better results if you smash them before you use them. Hit the lens with a brick to focus.

Welcome Matty! Aww.. don't listen to good ol' chap Hertz... Canons are good machines. :) Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

lol it's not like I'm disappointed it's a Canon. I'm a beginner, and i only paid 10$ for it so if it breaks, I won't be too mad :p The focus seems to work fairly well on it. I got a roll of film to test it out, I'll use it up this weekend and develop it, see how the pictures turn out. I'm mostly into still lifes, like alleys and weird buildings and I'll take some flower shots too. I'll see what this thing gives me. If I'm totally unsatisfied I'll go and spend the money on a good digital SLR.

oh no... Not another Matt! I'm having a hard enough time keeping track of all the matts we've got here at the moment. hehehe Just joking.

Welcome to the forum.

it appears you spend too much of your life on TPF though :D :D

Most reactions

Back