BobaPhil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aarchive.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to everyone. I'll try and keep this short, but no promises. :D

I'm Phil, I was born and raised on movies, I had my own cinema in a converted garage growing up, watching films on 8mm. My dad and myself started up a little business, putting old home movies on to video, now DVD, about 25 years ago. Work has dried up a bit, so I'm also doing care work, with the home movies more of a hobby than a business.

I'm starting to love the still image more and more. I had an Advanced Compact for a while, but then upgraded to a Canon 450d (all I can afford), but I LOVE it so much. I only just discovered LightRoom as well, which has changed my photography so much! I'm certainly no professional, but I do love to take pics.

I'm here for advice and to gain experience from others, and hopefully share some things I've learnt along the way. As well as sharing the occasional photo or nine. Here's one I took last night, trying to catch the beautiful sky...I did drive up the road to get a better shot, but it was gone by the time I got there.

$IMG_3699.jpg

Greetings Phil, welcome to the forum. Best advice I can give to start is don't worry about the equipment. Any DSLR can produce good photos. More expensive models will give you more features and make some things easier to do but in the end things like composition and technique are far more important.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard Phil...I like the pic!

Greetings Phil,
Welcome to the Forum and I look forward reading your opinions
Lovely picture you took there...don't ever forget: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (because some discussions on the forum tend to go on and on ...and on about details that in fact have no relevance to what you saw)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back