Hello from Boise, Idaho

jsamuels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,
My name is jeffrey and I have been lurking here for several weeks before joining. I hope to learn alot and at times add to the discussion.
I have been shooting since highschool. Interesting note: I shot on the year book with one of the AP Photographers who was killed last year.
Started out with a old Yashicamat and transitioned to a yashica 35mm of some type ( memory fades). I spent 20+ years in the US Army and had the pleasure of shooting all over the world for the Army.
After the army I went back to college (BSU!!!) got my degree in Computer Science and nw spend my days as a network admin for a large law practice here in the area.
About 8 years ago I started as a VAL for a local portrait photographer and worked myself up to 1st assistant out of 5. I still work with them when they need my help but he kind of kicked me from the nest. Its time for me to go out on my own.So I started my own venture, just on the side until I can get a client base of my own built up. He still sends excess work my way and I am now shooting at least 3 days a week.
Well enough about me***hope to hear from some of you.

Jeffrey

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Hi Mike,
I have spent the last few years working for Dirk over at LightDances
I actually recognized your name immediately. I have seen your work several times. I think we even met once.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back