Hello from Florida

Karen in FL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I live in northeast Florida with my husband and 4 dogs, and I'm a high school special education teacher.

Last year I got a Canon Powershot SX100 IS, and I've really enjoyed using it. I've got plenty of pictures of sunsets, flowers, dogs, school, etc., but my favorite project has been using the macro to take pictures of anoles, small lizards which are everywhere around here. They're very quick little lizards so photographing them is challenging but fun. I'm thinking about moving up to a more complex camera.

I also have a 7-year-old Fuji FinePix S602Zoom (6mp/6X optical zoom), which my husband mainly used for high school sports pictures and then handed down to me when he got tired of that. I've used it a little but not a lot, mostly in the auto mode. I'm wondering if it's worth it spending time learning to use it more fully or whether I'd be better off starting over with a newer camera.

I've been learning a lot from reading here on the forum and from the links provided to other sites for beginners, and I'm looking forward to learning more!

I live in northeast Florida with my husband and 4 dogs, and I'm a high school special education teacher.

Last year I got a Canon Powershot SX100 IS, and I've really enjoyed using it. I've got plenty of pictures of sunsets, flowers, dogs, school, etc., but my favorite project has been using the macro to take pictures of anoles, small lizards which are everywhere around here. They're very quick little lizards so photographing them is challenging but fun. I'm thinking about moving up to a more complex camera.

I also have a 7-year-old Fuji FinePix S602Zoom (6mp/6X optical zoom), which my husband mainly used for high school sports pictures and then handed down to me when he got tired of that. I've used it a little but not a lot, mostly in the auto mode. I'm wondering if it's worth it spending time learning to use it more fully or whether I'd be better off starting over with a newer camera.

I've been learning a lot from reading here on the forum and from the links provided to other sites for beginners, and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Welcome to the board........nice to see other Florida members here.......hope you will like it here......never been in your part of the state though........I live in Tampa........:D

Welcome to TPF Karen - Teacher, husband and four dogs must make for a busy life but loads of photo opps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back