Hello from Kansas!

SwanderPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I'm Shawn, first post. I really enjoyed reading from a few of the threads and thought I'd see what I can learn.

Personally, I've always loved fine arts and sports. I enjoyed photography as a hobby since I was young. I also love painting and woodworking. I built a home theatre room and hand painted posters for the room recently.

I served as a nuclear engineer in the navy for 5 years then got out and came home to Kansas where I met my wife Kodi whom I married this year.

Long story short I wasn't very satisfied with the civilian work market lately I've worked for myself before and really enjoyed it and found I work harder for myself as well so I wanted to try photography because I have always enjoyed it and I've been asked to shoot for some friends before and always enjoyed it.
Digital image design and retouching has always been a serious hobby of mine as well.

Equipment wise I have a Canon EOS 5D- Mrk-II and a Canon Rebel T2i a canon f/4 70-200mm, canon 50mm f/1.4, the rebel kit lens. I put the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 lens on my wishlist (Crosses fingers c'mon mom!) ... and when no one buys it for me I'll pick it up in January.

Glad to see such a great community of photographers. As for my pictures CC is always welcome its mostly why I'm here. Though I see something I don't like about most of my own work.

My favorite thing to shoot is sports pictures. I was a state champion wrestler in 2000 and its my favorite thing to shoot (but challenging at times). I also enjoy family portraits and would love to try weddings as a backup photographer next year and see how I like it.

~Shawn

Also thought I'd include a couple pictures I've taken lately.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
$thm-sports-photography-320x288.jpg

$thumbnail-mckenna1-320x288.jpg

$31612_132025146953209_532542396_n.jpg

Not sure if I'm allowed to make it so the images display on the post automatically.

Last edited:
Welcome from So. Illinois!

Mac

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF Shawn, where we are mostly harmless....and the mean ones?? well, they plump when you cook 'em. Ballpark TPF'ers!

Hello and welcome to the forum Shawn...another Kansan here as well ;)!

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Jason
#3 was a my friend from church's daughter during a family shoot. 70-300mm Canon f/4 from about 6 feet :) Glad you like it Its actually featured on my website.

As for the Kansans great to see people from home here too. :) If you use twitter I'd love to follow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back