Hello from Louisville

jthall502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. Glad to be a part of the forum. I have recently started a small retail business and would like to start taking cool pictures of my products. I have purchased a NIKON d5100, taken some beginner DSLR courses and purchased photoshop and lightroom cs6. Im sure I could hire someone to do this for me but I've always been the type to want to learn something myself, especially when its something as interesting as photography!

Anyways glad to be a part of the community.

Welcome. The "Ville" has produced some very good photogs.

Keep in mind, artistic talent can not achieved from buying software or taking courses. That said, having the tools and the knowledge of how to use them should yield acceptable results, but you may find getting really "cool" images may take the creativity and artistry of a seasoned professional. I can buy a Formula One race car and be taught how to drive it, but I may never be able to compete on the pro circuit.

Welcome to TPF, jthall! I've moved your thread over to the Welcomes/Introduction forum where other members can get the chance to give you a warm welcome! :)

Looks like you are doing everything right to get yourself some ground knowledge. Joining a forum like this one is a great way to post your work for feedback and advice, and get a chance to ask questions and meet fellow photographers. Happy to have you join us!!

Welcome. The "Ville" has produced some very good photogs.

Keep in mind, artistic talent can not achieved from buying software or taking courses. That said, having the tools and the knowledge of how to use them should yield acceptable results, but you may find getting really "cool" images may take the creativity and artistry of a seasoned professional. I can buy a Formula One race car and be taught how to drive it, but I may never be able to compete on the pro circuit.
Thanks so much. Is there a place on the forum where I can show some pictures I like and the can tell me what "type of photography it is and point me in the right direction to taking similar photos?

Only post the links of other's sites, not their copyrighted work. As you start to produce your own work post it here and we'll do our best to help you improve your skills.

I'll defer to some of the bigger dogs on here.

Murphy's Camera is a good local shop that should steer you straight. BTW, I grew up in Looavul.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back