Hello from North Dakota!

keenan.kaufman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Keenan and I am 18 years old and a senior in High School. I just ordered my first DSLR, a Nikon D3200. I do have a GoPro and have been using that a lot but I wanted to try something new.

I plan on taking portrait pictures as well as snowboarding pictures since I do snowboard.

I ordered the camera with the kit lense, an 18-55mm lens. I am thinking about getting the 50mm f 1.8 lens for my portraits. I am still learning what everything is and means so that is the primary reason I joined this forum.

-Keenan[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No zoom, got to move your feet. Beautiful glass, nice bokeh, affordable. I've been goofing around with the 35mm prime 1.8, I like the 50mm better for portraits but 35mm on the street. I really don't need both but had the 50mm from film camera (no AF). I traded a Pentax lens for the 35mm AF-S DX f/1.8. The kit one does well for portraits too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No zoom, got to move your feet. Beautiful glass, nice bokeh, affordable. I've been goofing around with the 35mm prime 1.8, I like the 50mm better for portraits but 35mm on the street. I really don't need both but had the 50mm from film camera (no AF). I traded a Pentax lens for the 35mm AF-S DX f/1.8. The kit one does well for portraits too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yes, my cousin has a 50mm for his Sony and he really gets nice portraits from it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back