Hello from PA

dimples

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

My name is Sarah, living and working in amish town, PA. I have always loved digital photography as a hobby, and recently upgraded from a point and shoot to an entry level DSLR. I'm a true beginner with a lot to learn, and excited to do so! I am learning with a Canon XSi, the kit lens, and a 50mm f/1.8 complete my gear for now.

I love to photograph the outdoors. Sunrises, sunsets, water, tree's, flowers, fields, animals. I also enjoy it when I am able to bribe my daughter to sit still. The rest of the time I am practicing manual mode on my two cats and the scenery around my house.

I look forward to learning from you all :mrgreen:

Hi Dimples, seems as though I am in the same boat as you. About 6 months ago I purchased a Nikon D60....I never realized how much fun taking pictures can be until I got my DSLR.

I also have a lot to learn as I am just figuring out all the different features on the D60 and just barley figuring out what all the terms and settings mean

Good luck!

amish town pa huh? that could be anywhere but really! haha.except maybe philly and pittsburgh. I'm about half hour from from lancaster and very close to you! welcome!

Amish all over the place here halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie as well.

There's nothing as adrenaline pumping as popping up over a hill at 60 mph to find an amish buggy sloooooowly strolling along.

I have nothing against the amish, but it seems to me that running the buggies on the hilly roads here in W. PA to be the stupidest thing to do.

Welcome to the forum.

Amish all over the place here halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie as well.

There's nothing as adrenaline pumping as popping up over a hill at 60 mph to find an amish buggy sloooooowly strolling along.

I have nothing against the amish, but it seems to me that running the buggies on the hilly roads here in W. PA to be the stupidest thing to do.

Welcome to the forum.

Ah yes, but they really don't have a choice since it goes against their religion and culture to use gas powered vehicles or farm equipment.:D

Welcome to the forum dimples, from Berks county PA. Almost your neighbor!:lol:

too bad the amish can never visit this forum. farm land is absolutely gorgeous. i love driving through lancaster - it's so picturesque.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back