Hello from planet nowhere!

Littleredled

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I seem to be lost. I'm hoping to gain information, advice, exchange ideas with lovely photographers...
I've just made a bold move from Nikon to Fuji. I have a good range of lens kit for my Nikon, how can I use them for the Fuji.. is there a lens converter I can obtain to use my Nikon lenses... Thanks in advance.

There is adopters like metabones,Novoflex allowing mounting F mount Nikon to X mount Fuji but you may lose some functionality to the camera like auto focus for example. Hang tight for Fuji peeps that may chime in for more more accurate and better info on this. IMO its always better to use native lenses but still think you may get good advice on something doable.

There is adopters like metabones,Novoflex allowing mounting F mount Nikon to X mount Fuji but you may lose some functionality to the camera like auto focus for example. Hang tight for Fuji peeps that may chime in for more more accurate and better info on this. IMO its always better to use native lenses but still think you may get good advice on something doable.
I know everyone keeps saying it's not that hard to work without autofocus, but I don't know if I'm patient enough and I don't want to start forking out for lenses I want or think I need... Hard thinking. Are there any native lenses you advice for me to research on?? I like my portraits, sports and moon pictures.... 3 very different types of photography.. thank you for replying

Fuji is a fantastic system no doubt though it is a hard transitions jumping especially when you have a good collection of lenses so certainly understand what you are saying.I jumped ship Nikon,Canon to Pentax back to Nikon lost a tone of money and had a Fuji X-T10 for a while.LOL

Fuji is a fantastic system no doubt though it is a hard transitions jumping especially when you have a good collection of lenses so certainly understand what you are saying.
A day into transition and I'm spinning out of control. It has been a huge leap. I moved from canon to Nikon 4 years ago. I'm very happy with Nikon, but my boredom and drive for advebadvemads me take this huge leap.. hoping it's one I ever regret.

Hi Littleredled. There are quite a few Fujians, Fujites, Fuji users here. Manual focus with Fuji is quite easy, but you need to set up your camera appropriately. Moving from a dSLR to a mirrorless is an adjustment, especially in focus. Please, please allow some time behind the EVF to evolve into a new type of focus. Read the manual, it really will help. Set your camera on "Shoot Without Lens", then try the various manual focus options and see which methodology works best with you. I recommend focus peaking. Manual focusing is quite easy and fast. I grew up shooting SLR's in the film only days, for me you can't beat autofocus. There are plenty of adaptors out there to go from Nikon to Fuji ... all at various prices and various qualities. I can't help you with which adaptor is best as I don't use them. Which brings up another point. Many have switched to Fuji from Canon and Nikon because of the superb quality of Fujinon lenses. Fujinon lenses are generally equal in quality to the pro lenses offered by Canon and Nikon.

Gotta run. More later.

Last edited:
Hi Littleredled. There are quite a few Fujians, Fujites, Fuji users here. Manual focus with Fuji is quite easy, but you need to set up your camera appropriately. Moving from a dSLR to a mirrorless is an adjustment, especially in focus. Please, please allow some time behind the EVF to evolve into a new type of focus. Read the manual, it really will help. Set your camera on "Shoot Without Lens", then try the various manual focus options and see which methodology works best with you. I recommend focus peaking. Manual focusing is quite easy and fast. I grew up shooting SLR's in the film only days, for me you can't beat autofocus. There are plenty of adaptors out there to go from Nikon to Fuji ... all at various prices and various qualities. I can't help you with which adaptor is best as I don't use them. Which brings up another point. Many have switched to Fuji from Canon and Nikon because of the superb quality of Fujinon lenses. Fujinon lenses are generally equal in quality to the pro lenses offered by Canon and Nikon.

Gotta run. More later.
Hi Gary.... Can I start with a big wow! Thank you. That's a lot of info. Helpful might I add...I guess you sussed me out in not reading the manual... . I will take your advice and look forward to more. Thank you

What camera do you have? What lenses do you have, (both Nikon and Fujinon)? Do you shoot RAW? What do you mainly shoot? You can manual focus a Fujinon XF lens if you want to practice with different manual focusing options.

Hi Gary. I have Nikon D5300. I've only purchased my Fuji 6 days ago so no lenses for that yet, just the 16-50mm. I mainly shoot sports and portraits. My moon pictures are done with my other Nikon camera... I guess I'm wondering whats best for fast superb snapping of portraits and sport pgitigrphot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back