Hello from Portland Oregon

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've worn many hats in my life. I was a certified personal trainer, tennis professional, aerobics instructor, and now I am a veterinary practice manager. The one constant has been my love of creative outlets. Without art in all forms I may have gone insane (assuming I'm not insane). Photos for me bring me back to reality. They provide a tangible source that ties me back to life, makes me slow down and actually look around me. So often I'm looking towards tomorrow bringing my To Do check list with me wherever I go. Photography lets me leave the list at home and focus on what is right in front of me. This is the allure for me. I seem to take pictures mostly of animals but I'm surrounded by them all day and honestly who can resist a cute kitten adorable dog. When looking at photography I'm more drawn to landscapes and people. Due to my job I don't travel much so it's nice to see other lands. I also tend to avoid any extra social interaction so photos allow me to look at someone in the eye without feeling that social awkwardness.

My camera is a Nikon D3100 and is very new so I'm still trying to figure it out. I appreciate any advice and look forward to learning from others.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

Back