Hello from Sonoma, California

rtennant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been taking pictures for 40 years (first with an SLR at 15, now with a digital point and shoot). Here is one of my first photographs:

$001056_s.jpg

I now run a web site that aggregates photos from a stable of photographers, including me, where we provide full versions of all photos for free to anyone for personal use. Although we charge a small fee for commercial use, our main purpose is to bring good photography to individuals. Most of our users who receive our photographs print them and put them on their walls, and this is exactly what we wish. We believe that individuals should have access to good photography for the price of printing and framing.

This will not make us persona grata to commercial photographers, but there it is.

I would let you know where this web site exists, but the rules of this site suggest that first I must establish some credentials first as a community-engaged participant.

Two other things you should know. We now have over 5,600 photos that are now also syndicated out to WorldCat.org and I will be soliciting photographers to also submit their photos to the site to be syndicated out to there, as well as Google, Bing, and the Digital Public Library of America. As a long-time digital librarian, I know a thing or two about how to do these things. Google "roy tennant" if you want to know.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to join this community and I look forward to what I will learn.
Roy Tennant
Sonoma, California

Welcome aboard Roy!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back