CAP

FPS GRU
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, From Paradise !

I Live about 90 Miles from Key West.

I am Professional Hobbyist Photographer Living in the Florida keys. I Been taking photographs since i was 13 and i have never stopped. I love ability to capture life as it happens a moment or instant, A memory frozen in its essence Shared for all.

I was apprentice under a amazing individual who was master photographer who took me under his wing and everything he knew he passed on to me. My questions never went unanswered and when in the field or at a shoot he all ways had time for explaining things.

I am all ways to open to new ideas and concepts. I will never turn down someones advice's or guidance,, To wait stop and listen to what they have to say.

Well i am a Canon User if you cant tell by my signature, So i may be bit prejudice when it come other brands like Company N or Company O. See i look at the user, Not the equipment he or she is using that's but the attitude and artistic skill he or she has and of course Effort. That's how i define a photographer.

I work in Information Systems for a living, But i still run a photography business as well i do about 40-60 weddings a year. I mainly do work photographing wildlife, landscape and dabble in macro. Plus lots of public events and shows. So am diverse in what i do but my skills or in Landscapes and Wildlife.

I been lucky enough meet the right people and have had many of my shots in Magazines like Field and Stream and Birds and Bloom.

Well any ways that's all for now !

Welcome, neighbor. I'm 10 miles north of you when it gets cold in NJ. Life is good in the Florida Keys!:cheer:

Welcome CAP. I have a place in Islamorada right down the street from Robbies Marina. My family owned the hotel that was across the street (Star of the Sea) from Robbies. Can't wait to see some pictures!

I have a (small) Florida Keys album on flickr if you're interested - https://www.flickr.com/photos/118489034@N05/sets/72157642231782713/

Msteelio I hope i don't bore you with this. Back in the 90's before I decided to anchor part time in the Keys, I would drive my hippie van down and hang for a few weeks. Somebody told me that Star Of The Sea was owned by a Marine, so I went and sure enough he gave me a nice Marine Corps discount and I didn't have to sleep at Annies Beach in my van. Maybe your dad or uncle.

Not boring at all! That would be my grandfather, Charlie. He's a great guy! Funny enough, they also live down there as well as in NJ. I am originally from NJ as well.

Here he is recently with his old racecar (found in a shed in PA 50 years later!), maybe you'll recognize him, probably just the beard and cowboy boots!

$.__480_316_Lindmar69OBR10.jpg

He spends his time drawing now. He was always happy to help a fellow Marine, I'm sure you made his day just by staying there.

I remember his face. He treated me well. Good to see he's well. I believe we're not supposed to misdirect the thread. Cheers.

I remember his face. He treated me well. Good to see he's well. I believe we're not supposed to misdirect the thread. Cheers.

That's a pretty great thread-jack, if you ask me. Small world!

That's a pretty great thread-jack, if you ask me. Small world!

Yeah sorry for the thread jack haha

Now I realize that this wasn't clear in my previous post but by "great" I meant justifiable. What's the chance that you'll run into a family member of someone you met years ago on a message board?

Awesome guys! I look forward to seeing more of yall. Born in FL so Im actually a FL girl at heart but Im making my way here in TX for now. :lovey:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back