Hello from Upstate New York!

Sinodyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. New aspiring photographer here from Upstate New York (Schenectady County). Been taking a lot of pictures on my phone recently and had a bit of experience in that past with my Dad's Nikon D80, D300, and my Stepmother's D60. About a month ago it hit me that I wanted something more and have been perusing the web for some good deals on a Nikon since, hopefully a D60, D80, or D3000/D3100 but on a low-ish budget ($250 for a single lens and body) that's kind of hard.. I'm a big fan of Military and Macro photography and hope to pursue in both. I have no intentions of being professional, just a hobbyist :lol:. Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

...welcome fellow upstater!!!I'm a bit further up....Oswego county.

Welcome. Do you own a camera or have you just borrowed? You might have to stretch your budget a bit to get in the game.

I have just borrowed. I've been looking around eBay and I seem to be in the right price range for a D40 or D60. How's that seem for a decent starter?

Those cameras are really going back in time. Skills trump equipment, and you could learn a lot on those, so if that's your budget then go for it. You won't be distracted by fancier specs and you can focus on photography. You probably won't be able to make 20x30 prints but that's OK for starting out.

I'm not really interested in prints or anything like that just yet, but I'd like to have features there for me when I want them. Would you recommend anything else that may be slightly outside my price range? Preferably used to keep the price down.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back