hello! new here...go easy on me :)

mohit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildlywise.com
This is my first post on tpf people. I hope it meets up with the high standards i've seen on this site! its one of my favourite pics which i almost didn't survive myself. Dont think i would have escaped with anything less than a broken neck (not broken by the fall but more likely wrung off by the beautiful beast) had i fallen off the tree branch onto the elephant's stomach...which i almost did :( The guy in the pic is a mahout bathing the elephant.
01.jpg

Hey mohit! glad you decided to join tpf... i love this pic of yours... awesome awesome POV! glad you're ok ;)
love the way you can see the dirt being washed away...neat saturation
look forward to lots MORE of ya awesome stuff!

Incredible shot mohit. Welcome to TPF. :)
It is an awesome POV and a very cool capture. Not your everyday scene...especially in my neck of the woods. :lol:
I've seen some of your work over at trek....great stuff. Glad to have you here. :D

sweet picture! The POV kept me thinking for a few. so you sat in a tree while they found an elephant in a lake?? in Manitoba??? :confused:

really, really, awesome photograph.

welcome to the forum!

Welcome!! Really cool pic but it made me sad cuz i thought the elephant was dead... love the color of the water and the washed away dirt!! Looking foreward to more!

-Joe

Excellent shot! I really love the earthy tones that you have! First glance without the story made me think it was dead!

thanks everyone fr the great welcome! kunal I'm using a nikon f4, a pentax programA (probably as old as me) and recently been experimenting with a d70s.this particular pic was taken with the pentax and a 80-200 lens that no longer works :( also guys i knew some may get the impression that the beauty was dead, so i waited and waited till she raised her trunk out of the water to take a breath.Never knew eles could hold their breath for so long!but i guess what the photographer sees is not necessarily what the viewer sees too.one of my biggest lessons i've learnt over the years.Promise to keep working at it :)

What a stunning photo to come to TPF with!
So this is the first you ever posted?
And only now (I have to catch up on many things here on TPF) am I coming round to see this!?!?! Wow. I'd have almost missed it.
Oh, what I would have missed!
It is so beautiful.
Where were you to take it? Up in a tree? Daring! And with such a big lens even (you are mentioning it in your post above mine). No wonder you nearly killed yourself for the photo, but it is soooooooooo worth it (not worth you being eaten by that elephant ... it would not have eaten you, anyway!) but worth taking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back