Hello?!? (***taps on screen) Is this thing on?

Shubin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
allen3231.fotopic.net
The Rolling Stones sang the line, "Please allow me to introduce myself / I'm a man of wealth and taste..."

Unfortunately I can't make the same claims, but please allow me to say, "Hello" anyway.

I'm an American, living in Australia. I came for a 3 month visit 12 years ago and just decided to hang around. Photography was a hobby for some in our family years ago, but for me, I have only recently taken an interest.

I'm here to get some feedback on my pics, and get a photographic idea or two that I might be able to use. From some of the talent I've seen here so far, I believe that I've come to the right place.

I've lurked for a bit, now I've joined (and even posted a pic to the "Test" forum - whee!), and I look forward to seeing more phantastic fotos, joining some of the challenges and to meeting everyone.

-Shubin

hi :D .. watch out for the other Aussies around here :p

Welcome!! I saw your B&W in the test forum - awesome image, I love it! Glad you're here. :D

welcome shubin!!!

there are also some kiwi's here too, so be careful!!!! you might step on one.

md

g'day shubin,
welcome to the board. what part of oz are you from? Where in the states did you live?

good to have ya here, look forward to your posts :)

Hello again, all.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the comment on my pic, terri.

vonnagy, I mostly bummed around California: Fresno most of my life, but I spent as many weekends as I could visiting friends in LA, and spent the last 6 or 8 months living in San Diego before I 'visited' South Australia and stayed.

There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of Australians and Kiwis about the place. Bizarre statistical anomoly, or is someone handing out free beer?

Thanks again.

Damn Aussies and Kiwi's :p No one should pay attention to them, they all live upside down! BTW i don't think anyone answered me as to how you guys (and gals) walk aound down there upside down without your change falling out of your pockets! :p:p:p :roll:

Havoc said:
...BTW i don't think anyone answered me as to how you guys (and gals) walk aound down there upside down without your change falling out of your pockets! :p:p:p :roll:

Although it would explain why I never have as much change as I thought, I had it described this way: If someone says, "I ain't got no change" they usually want to say they have no coins, but remember your grammer class: the double negative implies a positive, so they are saying the opposite, right? Or when you try and add two negative numbers, you get a positive right?

Simularly, when you put the self cancelling words 'Down' and 'Under' together, you actually mean that you're on top of the world....

Welcome to the forum Shubin. I saw your photo in the test thread and I really liked it. Hope to see more real soon.

Welcome Honourary Aussie!

Tell these people how cool our country is, they think we are all nuts.

so this is where the pocket comment sprung from?! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back