Hells Angels: The studio shoot

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A buddy and I have a Meet-up.com group that was started about a year ago to get Chicago area photographers together for some studio shooting. It is intended to be a networking and learning event where people from all skill sets are invited to join us.

This was the first big event of the year. We had over 20 photographers in attendance, 7 models and 5 motorcycles. It was a blast to say the least. Here's a video I put together of the event (click the image).

http://www.intempusphotography.com/Fashion/Video/10411026_NvdT8#847428357_xe9ML-A-LB

Last edited:
The link is taking us to the video that i think is on your home page.

Man, SmugMug does the craziest things sometimes.

If I clicked the link (logged into SmugMug with my account) it took me to the right video. If I opened another browser where I wasn't logged into SmugMug it would show the old video. Nothing I could do would change that...

So I ultimately had to delete my old video and give a direct link (their supplied links don't work) to the new video.

...and I pay $200 a year for the service. :) Nothing but silly problems.

It should work now.

Wow, that looks like fun!
So many cameras around, it looked tough on the models to figure out who to look at :lol:

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. What's even better is that you can make some great contacts at such an event. This event caught the eye of an agency that recruits photogs and they had a guy there talking to folks.

The models knew to look at the guy with the big antenna on his camera. :) The others were taking shots just for the heck of it. But the girls would try to pose for everyone sometimes.

I didn't shoot that much, I was helping with the lights, moving bikes, posing models, answering questions, etc... I was an organizer more than a photog, but I really wanted to get more shots in. Oh well, I had a blast anyway.

The shop that hosted the shoot was so excited at the turn out it's now an annual event. I can only imagine what next years will look like. These meet-ups are getting huge, certainly bigger than I thought they would when we started. :)

I wish they had something like that in my area, it would be very helpful to learn new techniques in a real world setting.

same here, no service like this is available is my area, but its really a good technique , many chances to learn

Go to this website and do a search for "photography studio" or something similar. I'm sure you'll find something in San Diego.

Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

Agreed. And if there isn't a group there, start one. Meetup is a great way to meet people.

And they do exist in the UK btw.

This seems like a nice event but I laughed at the crotch rockets. Never seen a Hells Angel on one of those. And I would be careful using their name any which way. They don't usually appreciate that. :grumpy:

This seems like a nice event but I laughed at the crotch rockets. Never seen a Hells Angel on one of those. And I would be careful using their name any which way. They don't usually appreciate that. :grumpy:
Yeah, you're probably right about the name... I guess I'll take my chances.

My buddy named the event before consulting me. I wouldn't have called it that if I were to name it... but hey, I ran with it. If I go missing, you can have my gear. :)

My buddy named the event before consulting me. I wouldn't have called it that if I were to name it... but hey, I ran with it. If I go missing, you can have my gear. :)

:lmao:

I hope not and think not. It's not that bad but they could show up at the event if they hear of it and, believe me, with some of them, you don't want that happening.

:lmao:

I hope not and think not. It's not that bad but they could show up at the event if they hear of it and, believe me, with some of them, you don't want that happening.
Good point.

We agreed to change the name of the event for next year... so we should be good.

We were thinking about calling it "The Outlaws Suck". :D

Where should I have my wife mail my gear next year?

Most reactions

Back