Help-a-newb day: Adapting SLR lenses to DSLR camera body? (Konica)

Nixonnette

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am new here, and have been reading for a while. I do have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to, or at least not ones that I could easily understand... Please help a newb? :)

I inherited the following film equipment about 11 years ago:
  • 2 Konica Autoreflex T3
  • Konica Hexanon Teleconverter AR 2x
  • Konica Macro Lens Adapter AR
  • Konica Hexanon AR 24mm F2.8
  • Konica Hexanon AR 35mm F2.8
  • Konica Hexanon AR 50mm F1.4
  • Konica Macro-Hexanon AR 55mm F3.5
  • Konica Hexanon AR 135mm F2.5
  • Konica Zoom-Hexanon AR 70~150mm F4
I took some classes back in college, but I've only been using cheapo digital cameras ever since. Recently, I have been comtemplating going back to film. Since I already have the equipment, I might as well use it, right? Well... Seeing my brother play around with his Canon DSLR made me want to explore that avenue as well.

I was told that in order for my lenses to work on a DSLR I would have to ''adapt'' them since the depth of Konica SLR lenses is different than the other brands. I also could not find a Konica/Minolta DSLR... Is there one model I should specifically search for? (Used obviously, since well, they don't make cameras anymore, thanks Konica!) If not, I did find this website that explains how to adapt the lense to another brand of camera.

Do you think it's worth looking into it or would I be better off buying a DSLR and lenses altogether?

Thank you! :)
N.

Thank you for the links! I had bookmarked them already. I guess I will go back to reading those pages again.

Hopefully I'll get it. :)

Most reactions

Back