What's new

Help! Does this photo need to be sharpened more?

I will assume you want to sharpen for electronic display rather than to prepare the photo for print.

The photo has few edges that can be sharpened (low edge frequency).

I would start by increasing the mid-tone contrast.
Next I would use USM but for local contrast enhancement, which means a small Amount %, a large Radius value, 0 for Detail, and 0 for Threshold.

If I wanted more sharpness I would then use some Amount of USM that the image can tolerate with the Radius set to 1.0.

Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom