Help Editing? PIP

ilovemy50d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like this picture, but I don't like it in color. I don't like the way I have it edited...does anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_1144.jpg

Here's the edited version
IMG_1144-1.jpg

im a newbie but heres my shot at it, i think the Escalator takes away from the subject so i croped that out instead of the right side

4491550887_f23a50a8d5.jpg

im a newbie but heres my shot at it, i think the Escalator takes away from the subject so i croped that out instead of the right side

4491550887_f23a50a8d5.jpg

I like this version better. The escalator was distracting.

Can we do anything about that lady's crotch/camel toe?? It's distracting me, too.

Here is my go at it. My thinking was to light the surrounding area and darken the subject to try to show the toughness and darkness of the world he lives in. I'll let you guys tell me if it worked though or whether it is overdone :lol:

homelessj.jpg

Here is my go at it. My thinking was to light the surrounding area and darken the subject to try to show the toughness and darkness of the world he lives in. I'll let you guys tell me if it worked though or whether it is overdone :lol:

homelessj.jpg
I feel like this is too dark.. His clothes are blending together. I like how one of you cropped it so close. I didn't crop the escalator first because I felt like the lady was more distracting...

Thank you! Can I ask what all you did? I see the vignette, other than that did you switch it b&w? It looks like you added some kind of texture...

Thank you! Can I ask what all you did? I see the vignette, other than that did you switch it b&w? It looks like you added some kind of texture...
I opened it in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW), added Fill light, Clarity.

I then opened it in CS4 and did the conversion to B&W using a B&W adjustment layer. I did some dodging, then added the vignette, did the border and frame.

I was using a computer at the local junior college, not my image editing workstation at the studio. I would have also used some Topaz Labs software to improve the contrast more had it been available.

Here's 2 quick edits:
33x7hwk.jpg

-
155ks5i.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks KhM....I'm just starting to feel comfortable using Photoshop Elements, so most of this is pretty new to me.

I also like you first edit Mike. Thanks

I may add , I appreciate the story of this picture and think it is very important to keep the people walking by on he right hand side , in the picture , They help tell the story , Cut the escalator but keep as much of the right hand side in :)

I may add , I appreciate the story of this picture and think it is very important to keep the people walking by on he right hand side , in the picture , They help tell the story , Cut the escalator but keep as much of the right hand side in :)

I agree with keep the people...except the lady with the camel toe thing going on! I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out. While I was taking the picture, my husband was like "why would you want a picture of that?" but I'm glad I have it.

Most reactions

Back