HELP!! I see the light, and don't want to.

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Is there any way to save this photo? There is a huge sun flare, and I was hoping that someone would be able to explain how to get rid of it to me. I have Photoshop CS5 (I have a basic idea how to use this program) and lightroom 3 (with NO-IDEA how to use it).

Hoping for some help.

Thanks.

GoldenKinerretwithsunspot.jpg

I don't see a photo...

I'm assuming you're talking about the spot that's right in the middle??

I also see a bunch of little dark flecks in the sky above the mountains but under the clouds.. Not sure if they are birds or possibly sensor dust??

As far as the lens flare in the middle, your best bet would be to attempt using the clone tool but it is going to be very tedious if it's even possible...

you can try the adjustment brush and try to match the surounding area color and lighting. ether program will work, but CS5 will be the best for this I think. i see the dark spots as well, dust I think. clone them out as well. its a nice shot though.

light room is very much like camera RAW in CS5.

I'm assuming you're talking about the spot that's right in the middle??

I also see a bunch of little dark flecks in the sky above the mountains but under the clouds.. Not sure if they are birds or possibly sensor dust??

As far as the lens flare in the middle, your best bet would be to attempt using the clone tool but it is going to be very tedious if it's even possible...
Yup, that's the spot. The flecks are dust from lens I think. Tried cloning, but it won't work if I try to keep that area as it actually is.

you can try the adjustment brush and try to match the surounding area color and lighting. ether program will work, but CS5 will be the best for this I think. i see the dark spots as well, dust I think. clone them out as well. its a nice shot though.

light room is very much like camera RAW in CS5.
Sorry for sounding like a total noob ( although in CS5 I am), which one is the adjustment brush, and any tips on how to do it?

the adjustment brush is in Lightroom. I don't think it will work for this.

I took samples from the surrounding image that looked kinda close, and copied them into place with the clone tool, using a soft brush to help it blend a bit.

ETA: And used the spot healing brush on the sensor dust.

Yeah, that looks pretty good. I don't think anybody would know it's been changed without seeing the original. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back