Help Identifying this Bogen Tripod

Furashu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

this image is from my Local Craigslist, I texted the guy but he has no idea what model the tripod is. He priced it at $50 so it doesnt really help me haha.

$5N55H45J43K23Ff3Nec8q828da29a3f651f1b.jpg
$5E15U25H53Ea3M23Jbc8q90a6d48672fa12bb.jpg

$5Nd5I35Je3k83Ma3H3c8q812d5088c94b1be0.jpg

On the box is has a 301 cut off in pink, so i looked it up and the closest bogen tripod model is the 3011, but the leg fastners look nothing like the 3011?

i found this: Home Page
but the leg fastners look different...

Thank you.

Box seems to indicate the classic Bogen 3011 legs, right??? Buuut...that sure as heck don't look like no 3011...in fact, it looks like some cheapie tripod to me...can the seller tell you if it is actually labelled Manfrotto, or Bogen???

Box seems to indicate the classic Bogen 3011 legs, right???

Seems that way, just want a more experienced opinion cause i know nothing about Tripods other than Bogen/Manfrotto is a good brand based on recommendations on forums.

Do you know what Head that is?

The head uses a square plate....it does NOT look like a Bogen head to me.

The Head & long Lever arm suggest a Video Tripod to me and not manfrotto. Would pass on it myself.

Looks like an all-plastic, off-shore cheapy video head. Definitely not worth anything. If the legs are a reasonable price, go for it, otherwise, pass.

I like the box for it.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Bogen/Manfrotto does not use the twist type of extender thingys. That looks like a Rocketfish tripod to me, with a video head as stated. Someone just stuck it in a Bogen box. I'd pass just for them lying.

Also, I'm also pretty certain all Bogen/Manfrotto legs have a plate/sticker on them giving model number and the branding.

It also appears to be designed to use a quick-release system with a plastic shoe that attaches to the camera (video camera most likely). Is the shoe included in the sale? You'll probably need that as I see no way to attach a camera without it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back