Help in New Camera

mvksagar45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,
I am planning to buy my first SLR Camera. I am thinking for a budget of around 1100$ (fine even if it is a bit more, for both the body and the basic lens) . Going by the reviews, i am looking at Nikon D90 now. can any one please suggest me a good camera ? I am skeptical because the D90 is a old camera and there are many new models out there. Even Canon is fine with me.

PS: I will be using the camera more for taking images and very less for taking videos. Nikon D7000, Canon 40D and 50D are way out of my budget.

It will be really great if some one can help me in this...Thanks in advance

The 40D isn't being produced anyone, I believe. It's an outdated model. A fine camera, though. I bought mine used.

I've read many good reviews on the 550D, being labelled as "baby 7D", having the same metering system and 18MP.

I think the important thing for you is to have a camera that you'll someday feel limited by, you need to grow out of it. You should experience what the camera lacks, and what you need from it to express your creativity. Perhaps the 550D is a good camera in that way. It only features 3.7 frames per second, but you may not need any more. ISO up to 12800 (H) sounds good, but I'm not sure how it performs in high noise tests.

At the end of the day, if you're going to stick with photography, you will someday upgrade your camera. I can only speak for Canon dsrl's, don't know anything about Nikon, Pentax, Sony or Olympus or any other brand. Should you not stick with photography, you still have a good beginner's dslr should the wish to continue come back.

The D90 would still be a good buy if you get it at the right price. I have a Canon 50D and think if I wad starting again I may have went with the nikon

Most reactions

Back