Help me choose!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lol too many monitors to choose from and I need help deciding!

My new system consists of ;
i7 8700k with 32g 3200mhz ram and NVidia gtx1080ti

Thinking a 32” panel would be as big as I’d ever want.

I’d want something with good color uniformity for edit but also a decent response for occasional gaming.

Budget around $1k or less

I would look at the Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q. I think response time is adequate for gaming. For color, resolution, even brightness, this is hard to beat for a photo editing PC display

I’ve been considering this one as well as it’s more expensive 27” brother

I would look at the Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q. I think response time is adequate for gaming. For color, resolution, even brightness, this is hard to beat for a photo editing PC display

I’ve been considering this one as well as it’s more expensive 27” brother

I don't think you could go wrong with either. Bigger screen is huge for photo editing. Just saying.

Bigger screen is huge for photo editing

Based on the subjects Trever has been known to shoot, I'm afraid having a big screen view would raise the temperature to the flash point for me :allteeth:

I'm drooling over your video card. Lol. My son and several others have it and it's unreal. I'm running the gtx660.

Spoke to my son. He's literally a PC guru. Unfortunately, you're going to have to pick one. Photography or gaming. If you want a fast response time, the colors suffer. You want true colors, the response time suffers. They're getting closer, but just not there yet. Maybe keep your old monitor for gaming, and get a new one specific for photography. There's several outputs on that card.

Sounds like you've already done some research, but he suggested going to Reviews and Ratings - RTINGS.com. They test monitors and post real results. According to them the best for truest colors is the Acer Predator x27, but....... that's a bit out of your budget at 2,000.00. They also offer the Predator xp27 at 600.00. The response rate is good, but the colors suffer. Post calibration is good, but no HDR. Not sure what to tell you.

Asus has the truest colors in the gaming world. For Fathers Day, my boys bought me the vp247h-p. Overall I'm happy with it. Bigger than what I had. My old eyes appreciate that, but it doesn't have the colors my last one did. He's supposed to help me calibrate it, even if through the video card. That hasn't happened yet. Kids....gotta love 'em!

More than willing to run things past him until you find one that suits your needs.

I’m leaning towards the Asus PA329Q it’s the best they offer other than the pa32uc hdr and has a decent response of 5ms (the Dell is sweet but it’s 8ms)

That's an awesome monitor for editing. If you're comfortable with the price, go for it. 5 ms isn't bad. It's the highest you want to go for gaming. That's what my last one was. Current one is 1 ms. If you're unhappy with it for gaming you can always add another. Check out the one I have. It's only 24", but very fast and only about 150.00.

I ordered the Asus PA329q, it has all the features I want plus the design is sweet. I was also looking at the Benq sw320 but the Asus offered more in my opinion.

After a week with that beast I decided I'm not ready for a 4k wide gamut monitor! Man, it was just too complicated for me, I don't really print. I returned it. Looking for a nice sRGB monitor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back