Help me : judge me

The above conversation is doing NOTHING to help the OP, so knock it the heck off.

To the OP, my dos centavos aqui.

"Judge Me"

OK here's my critique. You are a beginner. You have an eye for the interesting but as yet haven't developed the skillset to bring your vision to life. The technical aspect of photography is easy to learn. Composition and the overall art .... well, it's my opinion you do or don't have it at birth.

Keep at it, learn exposure fundamentals and build on it!

Composition and art...."you either do or do not have it at birth". That is the most discouraging info I have read on this site to date. Because taking up photography at my age now, I'm sure I would have already seen some talent I might have been born with and I have not. But in my newbie fantasy, I sure thought I could learn and improve my photograpic skills if I gave it ample effort.

You can improve.

Michael Jordan didnt have it at birth, he got kicked off his BBall team in High School. Never gave up.

Albert Einstein; couldnt speak until nearly 4 years old. Im glad he didnt give up.

Wayne Gretzky; well, hes Canadian and we play hockey when were born, so theats different but I hope you get the point.

Learn something every day and perhaps that makes the day a good one.

Oh I just realized Indidnt post examples of " artists" or " compositions". Or did I. Beethoven was deaf? What?

Trevor takes pictures of pretty girls. Any baby could do that at birth. Haha JK kinda.

Composition and art...."you either do or do not have it at birth". That is the most discouraging info I have read on this site to date. Because taking up photography at my age now, I'm sure I would have already seen some talent I might have been born with and I have not. But in my newbie fantasy, I sure thought I could learn and improve my photograpic skills if I gave it ample effort.

Photography is a collection of skills, experience, judgement and talent - all in varying doses.
I might be incredibly talented at an art I haven't even tried but...........
I have a very minor talent and not a great deal of imagination so I have accepted that I will work to make myself happy.
Expecting to be at the top of some talent mountain and able to skip all the years of work to use whatever talent you have is unrealistic and will make you unhappy and ultimately disappointed.

PiP.. don't worry about it. I've seen some of the first efforts you posted and your already leaps and bounds ahead of where I was when I first started. Just keep shooting. :)

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

OP - I think your shots of people show a good eye for interesting scenes. I agree with some of the comments about backing off on the over saturation and watching your frames and composition to better highlight what you are trying to get the viewer to see. Keep it up!

Watchful - your comments have a certain trollish quality that I find interferes with my enjoyment of this site. Posting just to provoke reactions from other posters may be fun for you but for others it's just annoying and it detracts from the discussions. Don't bother responding to me. Welcome to the "ignore" list.

Thank you all for your comments. It took you some of your time to analyse my work and I really appreciate it.
I know that I am far from being a pro, and I am not trying to be one. i'm here to learn. So thank you, and I hope that you will like my improvements.

Some people just have a natural eye .. check @ladybird.notes on IG.. pure mobile tog but such an awesome eye !!.
Then there are most of the rest of us who really need to work on our skill and incrementally get better.

Most reactions

Back