Help me learn?

I think you got some great feedback already.

Try shooting in the morning light to get her face better exposed. Afternoon is far too bright in Houston, but I think we are due for some rain, so overcast afternoons might work well too. Try taking her to the park/arboretum and getting some nice greenery behind her.

My kids have green or blue eyes, but even with dark ones, you can sharpen and add contrast to them and make them really stand out. I don't think that would be a detriment at all.

fellow hustonian? Yeah, shooting in afternoon, even evening is tough around here. But we dont get out early (before 930am) very often. Maybe when the kids are a little bigger. I do practice with the lighting here alot because I figure I have to work with what I have. I am a wee bit nervous about summer though I started to shoot in winter, I wonder if I will even take a single photo all summer long

These are great candid moments. You can't buy a lens for that. You lucked out and got it naturally.
The photos are about a stop under though, and a tad bit red. When you get some software, you can take care of that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back