help me out with my MS walk if you can, please!

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i'm going to participate in the MS walk (that's multiple sclerosis) here in houston on the 24th. since i only have a week, my fundraising goal is only like 200 dollars. if i can get even more than that, that'd be great too!

that's where you guys come in. if you can help me out, that would be fabulous! :-D you can donate as much or as little as you'd like. there's no set amounts or anything. but it *does* require a credit card. hopefully that won't bother too many people. (i don't get to see your info or anything, don't worry!)

i have a page set up that you can look at if you'd like (when you click that link you can either donate right away, or click on "my page :)" on the right and go from there). it talks just a tiny bit about why i'm doing this and such.

so, if you can help i will love you forever... thanks! :)

bugger! :-? i was afraid of that. it's suppooooosed to take you straight to a page with my name on it, but argh!

search for the last name "rankin" and the state of texas. it should pop up with my info on there. :)

Thank you, Carlita, and everyone that pledges.

MS is the reason I haven't been on here much lately. It's not something that I wanted to keep secret, but it always seemed like a strange thing to just pop out there. I didn't want to be an attention hog, or anything. :p

I was diagnosed at the end of '99, but I had been having a harder and harder time getting hours in at work over the past year, and finally in the beginning of August, I had to leave and go on disability. Since then I've been in a bit of a decompression period, trying to let go of all the stress I'd put myself under. Things are going better now since I don't have the constant pressure to make ends meet, and I feel like I've finally crawled out from under a very heavy rock. I'm had been pretty selective as to what I put my energy towards, as even an in-depth conversation, as much as I love them, can be mentally draining. I still am, but I've learned to pace myself a lot better now, so I'm getting myself "out there" a bit more again.

I want to thank everyone here, too. Whenever I've popped my head back in to ramble about something, I've always gotten a warm hello. You guys are great!

wow, mark. thank you for sharing that here with us. your a constant reminder that people dont have to get down on themselves because they have an illness or disease. way to go, i really admire you.

matthew

Marc, thank you for sharing your story with us. I am glad that you are feeling better and I wish you the best!

Oh Mark! :hug::heart::hug: Thank you for sharing that with us. Do take care of yourself, and please, if you ever need anything, or just want to talk, let me know.

mark, the friend i'm walking for is actually a member here, she just hasn't really ever posted much. she's a photographer for a small newspaper in florida. :) just today she said she ought to spend more time over here at this forum... so maybe she'll do that and you guys can talk. :)

also, you're welcome. :-D

and thanks for the pledges and the encouragement guys! i swear, you people are like the best of the best out here in the scary internet world. it just makes me wanna cry. :goodvibe: :heart: :love: :hug:

Most reactions

Back