Help Me Pick A Photo For My Ad... Pretty Please =)

Which is the best for a car ad?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 75.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

BekahAura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
reflectivephotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to design an ad to go across the rear windshield of my car. Could you please help me out by voting on the best choice? Thanks everyone!

CLARIFICATION: This is not the ad, these are just the photos I may use in the ad. I haven't designed the ad yet, but I will probably silhouette one of these dogs into it and I need help deciding which photo is the best. Please vote!

(1)
p417017339-3.jpg

(2)
p433891365-3.jpg

(3)
p419247766-3.jpg

(4)
p413258143-3.jpg

(5)
p374588963-3.jpg

(6)
p403937900-3.jpg

Last edited:
They all look the same, ie: they all are gray boxes with a padlock and says "Content Protected by Owner"

I'll go with #1; the gradient seems a little more distinct and the definition of the lock and the "Content Protected by Owner" text appears just slightly better defined! ;)

Without looking at the design I can tell you right now it is a stupid idea. Most of your business comes from word of mouth or from internet search engine or links. Nobody is going to write down your number without looking at your work.

I like number 4 or 5. But I think it would more important to come up with a nice logo to garner interest in your brand than actually having a picture on your vehicle. Branding in this case would more important and from what I can see, your logo needs work.

Sorry for the locks... it's all fixed now.

My word of mouth is just now starting to come back to me. I do realize that word of mouth is the strongest way of grabbing a customer. But really do you think it's going to hurt me to let other people know I exist? It's cheap advertising considering that it will last the life of my car which is only a year old.

Schwettylens: I'm not expecting to get a phone call from someone who sees my ad, numbers are way too hard to remember unless it's an 800 number that spells out a word. But I do think I can get a few people to my website, or facebook page, because words are far easier to remember. The photo I'm hoping you guys will help me select with be one example of my work that will be on my ad. I also thought I might get a couple of 12 x 18 magnets of other photos (one for each side of my car) and that would be more examples of my work.

I live on a lake and it seems like every day I'm driving out of my neighborhood I see a new dog and owner. Tons of people like to jog or walk their dogs around the lake and since I park on the road it would be like having a billboard on the highway. I also drive in rush hour traffic around 3 days a week, it's a 45 minute commute to a pretty populated city. Honestly, I could be wrong and I'll waste $150 or so, but really I've wasted more money on stupider things.

So despite your warnings, I'm going to do this. Please let me know which you think is best. I'd really appreciate it. ;)

The text needs to be much larger and readable at a distance.

I would want people to see my name FIRST.

Look around at car advertising. What is the first thing you usually see? WORDS.

I like number 4 or 5. But I think it would more important to come up with a nice logo to garner interest in your brand than actually having a picture on your vehicle. Branding in this case would more important and from what I can see, your logo needs work.

Thanks for your picks!

You really think that a different logo is more important than an example of my work? How would you suggest I improve my logo?

The text needs to be much larger and readable at a distance.

I would want people to see my name FIRST.

Look around at car advertising. What is the first thing you usually see? WORDS.

LOL wow I think everyone is misunderstanding this. Bitter these are not the ads... I will most likely be silhouetting one of these dogs into the ad... I just don't know which one to choose. The ad I haven't created yet... but yes it will have my website, facebook url, phone number and one of these photos.

Ah. Got it. I thought you were just putting those images on your car.

Post a mock up of the whole thing, and you'll get more useful help. :)

Dont forget vinyl wont last you that long when you put it on rear windshield with wiper.

I think #2 or #6 would work best as a silhouette. I agree that the text should be large, and you should probably buy a domain with [yourname].com if you don't have one. If you don't want to build a site, you could link that domain to direct to your facebook page. However, IMO, having ONLY a facebook page reeks of amateur.

On a side note, I saw something similar to this, when driving last week, except it was just [photobyJohnDoe].com ( I can't remember the actual name ) and it had no image, just text. I visited the site just out of curiosity, and the images were AWFULLLLLLLL. I am not usually one to put down anyones work, but this was bad. There was some bizarre lens zoom/blur painted around the edge of every photo. The pictures literally made me sick to look at them due to this crappy effect. I wish I could remember the site. Lets just say, this guys advertisement was not getting him anywhere. So I guess the point is to make sure that you don't get ahead of yourself. Make sure your work is up to snuff before putting out a driving billboard because it has the possibility to do you more harm than good. Good luck though.

Last edited:
Those are great! I work in the 'dog' industry and the best most well known dog photographers in our town advertise by having framed work in all the nice/popular dog places. Vets, training facilities, daycares, grooming shops, boutiques, bakeries etc. They have large photos with their logo, and also a few business cards stuck in the corner of the frame. I would think that would be more effective than a car sign. I do think car signs are good though, my husband has some for his business....he hasn't gotten calls from them but they look professional :lol:.

My favorite is #2, I like the way he is looking up and over. Sees like you could use that to your advantage and put your logo up in that corner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back