Help me pick a tripod

The guy jus wants a decent pod to hold his D-70 w/kit lens I agree a good tripod is a great investment but you also have to consider your reslistic needs

Again the 8500 will do the job

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=272502&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation
I did end up with this for my lightweight setup. It will work well for a kit lens, and probably even with a 55-200. With an 80-200 2.8 it would be useless and dangerous IMHO.

I do agree that economics is always an issue as well and did live for years with minimalist stuff. My first gig was this setup---VVVVVVVV

1767.JPG

bought used in 1968.

LWW

I don't see anything in the original post that said anything about an 80-200 2.8 or any other large lens for that matter. It seems he was just asking for opinions on a cheap pod for a D-70 and the kit lens. I originally stated that I have a very large heavy sturdy and expensive Bogen pod for my medium format camera, I just ordered a monopod to hold my 70-200 2.8 VR while shooting but if all I had was my kit lens and when I shoot with just that I can and will use my light tripod. All that being said I would watch out for the locking mechanisim on the 8500's legs it might not be stable take the camera to the shop with you and test the capacity of it.

Most reactions

Back