Help Me Please

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Currently i am using a nikon 3200d with 18-55mm kit lens. With only the camera i want to photograph a wedding for learning. I have nothing else without the camera. So help me how i can get better photos with my small gear

Read some books from the library. Practice making good photographs in difficult lighting conditions. Read,learn,practice,repeat. Getting good pictures might involve using higher ISO levels, like 1,000 or so, in poor lighting conditions, and slow shutter speeds, such as 1/20 second or 1/30 second when the light is poor. Use the lens's VR is it has that when the shutter speeds are slow. Making good photos is mostly a matter of knowing what needs to be done, and then doing those things; this is where the book-learning comes in.

Are you the main photographer and the bride and groom are counting on you for some sort of album?

Currently i am using a nikon 3200d with 18-55mm kit lens. With only the camera i want to photograph a wedding for learning. I have nothing else without the camera. So help me how i can get better photos with my small gear
If you have artistic vision of what makes a good photograph, you can obtain some good photographs without fancy gear. Be in the right place at the right time, focus on your subject, and try to minimize camera shake. Use proven techniques that have been in practice for many years to hold your camera properly.

Learn to use the built-in flash for "fill" light. You will have to adjust the power in the flash menu. Do not try to make the built-in flash perform as the sole light source, but rather to only soften the shadows a bit.

Know the limitations of your lens, and don't expect miracles by trying long shots.

Learn to "see" ambient light, and set up shots using window light, sky light, or other types of "found" light. If you watch very carefully, you can sometimes position your subject near a white wall or someone's white shirt to get just a bit of light in the shadows.

Good luck!

It has been done before, with the equivalent of just a 35mm fixed lens on your camera.
As has been said, it is more about learning how and what to shoot, than the gear.

So learn and practice practice practice.
But when you practice, it has to be ACTIVE practice, where you are applying what you learn, and observing what happens when you practice, then make adjustments/changes as appropriate. This is applying feedback to your practice.
Repetitive practice of the same thing without applying feedback won't get you far.

Part of the learning will be to learn what the practical boundaries are of your gear, then learning if/how to overcome some of those limitations, and accepting other limitations.

As for the wedding.
Get a few friends and do a mock wedding. This lets you learn and practice what and how to shoot in safety. You can repeat a troublesome shot over and over again, until you figure it out. Or go stop and research the problem, then do another mock wedding, and try again using the ideas from your research. The more accurate the mock wedding to the actual wedding, the better your practice will be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back