Help me transfer my raw files?!?!

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a super fast, shiny new editing computer and now I need to move over some of my files. For the first batch I used LR and "moved" the raw files to a usb drive. When I uploaded them back to LR they were the raw (unedited) photos. Is there a way to move them so they include my edits?

You need to move your LR library files to your new computer, and then open that library in LR.

Last edited:
You need to move your LR library files to your new computer, and then open that library in LR.

Do you have to have exactly the same file system as the old one or does the library search out the files?

Do you have to have exactly the same file system as the old one or does the library search out the files?

I'm not sure, all I did was copy my entire folder which included my library files and all my photos.

I guess if your photos are not all in 1 central place LR would be confused by the file system and not be able to locate them.

When I import I Copy as DNG's to a central folder, in which each import gets its own folder (DATE + SHOOTNAME/LOCATION)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back