Help my Clients say my pictures are to big!

Casey carson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm hoping there's a solution! I'm about ready to pull my hair out! I've tried scaling down the photo and they still seem to be to big for any type of collage that they are trying to do! HELP thank you! I will post a few....I should know what to do but I really am at a loss :(

Attachments

• DSC_0238.jpg
    DSC_0238.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 400
  • DSC_0259.jpg
    DSC_0259.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC_0327.JPG
    DSC_0327.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 367
What is the maximum file size they need? Those files are already pretty tiny!

see thats what I thought...but they say they are to big and would like them more "zoomed out" so do you think I'm doing anything wrong or they just want something that can't be done cause I zoomed up to close to do a tight crop....ugh. I also tried to do a collage myself with their pictures, and some of them were cut off but it all depended on the size of the square of the collage...

I think your clients are trying to do something that they don't know how to do.
They probably don't know how to resize an image (in an editor or any type, grab a corner and make smaller).

Maybe you should offer them your services (for a fee) to create the collage that they want.

I think your clients are trying to do something that they don't know how to do.
They probably don't know how to resize an image (in an editor or any type, grab a corner and make smaller).

Maybe you should offer them your services (for a fee) to create the collage that they want.

Thank you! This is starting to make me feel better because I've never run into this problem with any other client and it was starting to stress me out and make me second guess myself! I do know they are trying to use shutterfly.

If you are trying to print, it looks like #3 is about 3x5 at 300 dpi - try setting the dpi to 600 and it will print at half the size.

If you are trying to print, it looks like #3 is about 3x5 at 300 dpi - try setting the dpi to 600 and it will print at half the size.

That's my assumption here. They don't know how to set up the image so it prints out the size they want.

This is why one shouldn't just hand over a CD of files.

That's my assumption here. They don't know how to set up the image so it prints out the size they want.

This is why one shouldn't just hand over a CD of files.

Agreed...now that I'm starting to make this a my full time business since I'm a stay at home mommy..I think I will stop with the cds!

Does anyone have suggestion on the size I should shoot with...my camera is set up at large images...I have large, medium, and small. Should I keep it at Large?

DSC_0259-100dpi.jpg

Just as an example on the second one you can change the DPI from 300 to 100 or even 80 and save it at quality 6 and reduce the file size from 2.9 meg to as low as 97.3kb and it'll still look OK, as here.

Always shoot Large. You can always downsize in post, but you can never upsize.

Ok thats what I thought. see these people have me second guessing myself!

Ok so I figured it out..I think. They finally explained to me that my pictures are not all "square" they are mostly all vertical so thats why they are not all fitting into the collage boxes!! so no matter how much I scale down not all of them are going to fit in the boxes

Then you need to crop. If they still can't be made square, you can resize and unlock the 'keep aspect ratio' and possibly resize one dimension more than the other. But be careful doing this.... too much and it starts to become obvious. Usually, only a 10% difference is the most you can get away with.

DSC_0238.jpg

Most reactions

Back