Help... My next step?

LR needs a great processor. Adobe writes trash applications and doesn't know how to really utilize multi-threading.

LR needs a great processor. Adobe writes trash applications and doesn't know how to really utilize multi-threading.
This is good info indeed :)
My current one is a i7-2720QM 2.2ghz...
I was thinking to set a new computer together: i5-8600K perhaps.
Any tips on Graphic card for lightroom?
(going off topic in my own thread o_o)

GPU doesn't matter for LR -- they haven't been able to properly utilize it for processing power.

OP, sorry to derail your thread, but I'm in a similar situation, will my next upgrade be fx? I had always planned to upgrade my dx body to d7100, 7200. Now, I think I've changed my mind. Leaning toward used d800 body. Even if I have to use it in dx mode while I save for lenses.

GPU doesn't matter for LR -- they haven't been able to properly utilize it for processing power.
Was my thinking as well, thanks :)

OP, sorry to derail your thread, but I'm in a similar situation, will my next upgrade be fx? I had always planned to upgrade my dx body to d7100, 7200. Now, I think I've changed my mind. Leaning toward used d800 body. Even if I have to use it in dx mode while I save for lenses.
Also think what you photograph, the D800e has no AA-filter and is better if you do landscapes/nature. almost all new cameras the AA-filter is removed, but the D800 still has.

A decision has been made!

I could make a nice deal and currently bought the new Nikon 10-20 AF-P lens. so small and handy o_o, and better results then my tokina 12-24!

I was having in my mind the idea to go maybe mirrorless, like sony or something, but rumour has it that Nikon is working on it as well.
So I will use my current set + my little extra 10-20 ^^. and next year, 2019, If nikon released mirrorless and reviews are good, change to that setup.

It's not a bad decision. I have the d750 and would add a couple of pros and cons. I like the U1 U2 better than the banks in the 800/810. The low light focus on the d750 is ridiculously good. Sd cards work better for my work flow. On the negatives, the pro controls are nice on the 800. More pixels are better in this case. The 800 is way more robust. Lastly, the D750 is loud, really loud.

If you are looking at moving to fx in the future make sure you understand how it impacts your process. Wide angle is a lot easier. Manual focus is easier. But losing the crop factor will make a difference capturing wildlife. You will also need to evaluate your lens collection. When you get ready to make a move rent or borrow the cameras you are looking at and try them out.

Well, I would still keep my D7100 or get a better crop sensor camera for my wildlife :).
It is just for travelling, general photography and landscapes I am considering going mirrorless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back