Help! My soon to be wife is uncomfortable with me shooting Nude art

Don't shut it!!! Give the guy a chance to come back!!

(yes, I know he hasn't been back in 2 days)

You just want him back for his lenses Mishy :p

im still waiting for a portfolio link..

It could be the frazzled days and details of your whole wedding coming together AND some her friends saying...'he's going to keep shooting nudes..."
could be her friends pressuring her, only he can know if she's really supportive normally.
my husband used to take a 3 week vacation fishing, and my friends thought I was nuts, and I got a lot of comments with 'what's he really doing...'
but, as others have said, she knew you did this before...
Nancy

wimmin be all crazy

Wondering what kind of advice he'd be getting if he posted the same question on "talkaboutmarriage.com" or "loveadviceforum.com"? We're getting only one side of the story, and one person's perception of what's going on may be very skewed. I don't think "we" can meaningfully comment without knowing a lot more, and I don't think this forum is really the place to do it. I think that the OP will need to have a thorough discussion with his partner of the concerns (on both sides), and determine whether there is enough common ground and willingness to make things work to negotiate an acceptable compromise. Successful marriages are about teamwork, sharing, respect, support, trust, and communication. Having a bed-rock of shared values and attitudes gives a couple a strong foundation on which to build. Without that base, little irritations fester into resentments and worse. We all have a voyeuristic streak (well, some will admit, others will deny, but we all do have it) about other people's relationships. But the resolution to the OP's post is between him and his partner.

Photographer shooting nudes for 8 years, meets woman 1 year ago, getting married in 2 weeks now. Woman is ok with nudes at first, woman has self esteem issues, woman doesn't like the idea of nudes anymore, photographer doesn't know what to do, resents being told not to do nudes anymore, contacts forum, gets married anyways. Starts to resent the idea that new wife dictated to him what he can shoot, fine art nudes gone, fine art flowers in. Photographer gets caught sneaking around shooting nudes again, wife with self esteem issues throws cameras off bridge, husband throws wife off bridge and jumps. Such a tragic ending.

Like ghache has mentioned, where's the link to the fine art?

Nothing worse than a woman with body issues. That will never go away.

Nothing better than a woman with daddy issues and a quart of Patron in her belly, but that is a different story.

Photographer shooting nudes for 8 years, meets woman 1 year ago, getting married in 2 weeks now. Woman is ok with nudes at first, woman has self esteem issues, woman doesn't like the idea of nudes anymore, photographer doesn't know what to do, resents being told not to do nudes anymore, contacts forum, gets married anyways. Starts to resent the idea that new wife dictated to him what he can shoot, fine art nudes gone, fine art flowers in. Photographer gets caught sneaking around shooting nudes again, wife with self esteem issues throws cameras off bridge, husband throws wife off bridge and jumps. Such a tragic ending.

That there is a movie script, just waiting to be picked up. It works for the guys who love their toys, it works for the gals who aren't too sure of their partners, it works for the art noire crowd, it works for the moralistic crowd... Throw in a car chase or two (wife driving to bridge, husband trying to stop her), and we got a blockbuster. Imagemaker, got an agent yet? ;)

Run....don't walk.

I'm glad i don't have this problem, my partner told me to do a shoot for the barmaid in the pub we drink at :sexywink:, partner loves sex, drink real ale, and sometimes picks me up from the pub wheni have had too many

I followed it until throwing woman and himself off the bridge.

My part of the country...she pawns his camera and gear, and he cries like a baby. He says, I am never going to see you again followed by a lot of choice words. The next week you see them holding hands in WalMart. Cycle continues.....

....quite possibly he's a workaholic and she's growing tired of him bringing his work home

Probably has less to do w/ her believing he's going to cheat and more to do w/ her insecurities w/ her own body.

What's interesting you really hit most of our conversations have been about. She does have insecurities, she says she knows I will never cheat on her. That is mainly, I know I won't because i have been cheated on and know how much it hurts. But she does have body issues.

Here are examples of my work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably has less to do w/ her believing he's going to cheat and more to do w/ her insecurities w/ her own body.

What's interesting you really hit most of our conversations have been about. She does have insecurities, she says she knows I will never cheat on her. That is mainly, I know I won't because i have been cheated on and know how much it hurts. But she does have body issues.

Have you offered to shoot her? Maybe Taking a few photos highlighting her best features will make her more open.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back