Help needed with my minolta dynax 404/maxxum 4 + 28-80mm +75-300 +tamron 2x

i dont have any hands on experience with dslr cameras, infact i know the local dealer he says its not yet released in here.

i wouldnt know what to expect beside the basic experience i had with the analog cameras.

If you do end up going with the Rebel XT, skip on the 18-55 kit lens... seriously EVERYBODY complains about it.

Mike is right though, it's really up to the user (YOU!) how the camera feels. I have small hands, the XT is great for me, just like how the Maxxum 5 was tiny. The controls should be nicely laid out for you too. I actually like the dial on the Canon 20D & 5D more than the XT's wheel... but cost was a factor too.

Don't necessarily just jump into the Sony pool quite yet though just because the alpha can use your current lenses. This may actually be a good time to switch systems. I'm not entirely sure how good the selection of Minolta lenses is and how their prices are compared with the monsters that are Nikon & Canon.

what do you mean "I'm not entirely sure how good the selection of Minolta lenses is and how their prices are." ??

warpy said:
what do you mean "I'm not entirely sure how good the selection of Minolta lenses is and how their prices are." ??

As in how their prices, selection and quality compare with their Nikon & Canon counterparts.

i did check that out, a 35-100mm wish IS canon is around 400$
since sony has the "super steady shot" i can use my 3 minolta lenses, they are in mint condition. so thats why i am leaning toward it, as far as i see the 30D is the equal to the A100, with a 400 dollar price difference and then i'd have to buy about 500$ worth of lenses for starters. so i am looking at 1800$ in total for the canon, i wouldnt mind getting it but its almost double the price.. still gotta wait for some reviews and hands on experience from other people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back