Help Needed

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Nikkor extension tubes arrived today, so it's test and learn time. I'm using a D70S camera body, and a 18-70 AF-S lens. I attached the 11A tube to the lens, then the lens/tube to the body. I'm also using a DR-6 right angle finder. Setting the camera to Aperture mode, I can't set the f stop, as all I get is two blinking lines on the screen on the top of the camera. Tried manual, and the same thing happens.Manual Focusing and zooming works just fine. Removed the tube and the camera works perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did google search after google search. Found two posts on a nikon forum that one guy had the same issue with his D70. Can't for the life of me understand this, but what it is, is what it is. packed everything back up and will be shipping it all back to Adorama on Monday.

There is nothing wrong with either the tube or your camera. That tube does not have any contacts and so can not communicate any lens data back to your camera. Your 18-70 is a G type lens and thus has no aperture ring and will not work with the PK-11 tube. Get yourself an older D or AI lens and all should be good.

There is nothing wrong with either the tube or your camera. That tube does not have any contacts and so can not communicate any lens data back to your camera. Your 18-70 is a G type lens and thus has no aperture ring and will not work with the PK-11 tube. Get yourself an older D or AI lens and all should be good.

The Nikon PK-11 tube doesn't have any contacts, but the PK-11A is listed an auto tube. and it was the PK-11A that didn't work along with the PK-12 which also didn't work. Either it's the lens or the D70S. And like I said I did find two posts on a Nikon site where they had the same exact issues with their D70's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back