Help on 2.8 lenses for Canon.

I'm in Croatia, everything is more expensive then in USA too.
Sigma's 70-200 2.8 is the cheapest 2.8 lens with stabilization in that focal range.
You might be able to find the original older canon 70-200 2.8 without stabilization but you're going to need it with that body you use.

I`m also planning to switch bodies...

I know, I answered in your other thread too.
Going from 1100D to 7D is going to get you only one more stop of usable high-ISO performance.

I really think you'd be better served by doing what most young photographers have done for the past 40 years: buy used, earlier-model, high-end cameras that have good performance, and buy used good-quality lenses from one generation back. Save up some money, and then hunt around for good deals and buy when you can get a good deal.

As far as f/2.8 on a budget, how about going full-frame camera and prime lenses of genuine high-speed, like 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4, and 85mm f/1.8. With a GOOD sensor FF camera, you can crop the 85mm images to the equivalent of 200mm view

As DB_Cro mentions, going to the 1100D to the 7D, you gain only one stop of usable high-ISO capability. If you want MORE, you could just as easily improve your results by moving to a faster-aperture lens. The Canon EF 35mm f/2, or their 50/1.4,Canon EF, the 100mm f/2, or the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8--all these are FAST lenses, and can be bought affordably.

On an APS-C body, you also get different framing options on all these lenses, and on FF the lenses become almost like a "second set" of lenses. The lowest-cost update would be to buy a 35/3 and 85/1.8 EF, used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back