Help on a speech about photography...

i have to do two speeches, one informative and a persuasive speech like a month after that. I was thinking about informing the audience on how digital works, and for the 2nd speech, persuading them to go digital, or film.. i just have to pick a side :( ...

here is an outline of the speech i did, sorry the formatting was taken out when i copied it the main points are the roman numerals I-V

I. One way you can help take better pictures is to use a simple background.
A. When shooting people the background can take away from the subject of your picture.
B. Get around this by moving the subject or repositioning yourself around the subject.
C. If it isn’t possible try and fill the screen with as much of the subject as you can.
II. Kodak’s website has a great article about taking better pictures. According to them another important thing to remember when taking pictures is where the lighting is coming from.
A. Shooting out in bright light can be very dangerous.
1. Make sure you use the flash.
2. Make sure the background is not reflective or very bright.
3. Try and put the light at an angle to the subject.
B. Indoors you usually want to use a flash
1. Turn on lots of lights if you can to get a more natural skin color.
2. Use a plain background that isn’t bright or reflective.
3. Be careful of the flash’s range (3-14 ft).
III. Thirdly, according to Julie King, writer of Digital Photography for Dummies, when taking pictures you should divide up the screen into thirds.
A. Imagine there is a tic-tac-toe board drawn over your picture.
B. This also allows for some more unique looking shots to be taken.
1. Place subject near bottom is you want to show more of the area around the subject.
2. Place the subject near the top if you want to emphasize the size and things in front of the subject.
C. Centered pictures look boring.
IV. Next, when you take pictures, remember that when you want to have the camera positioned vertical for taller things.
A. Cameras can take pictures vertically or horizontally. (Doesn’t harm the camera)
B. Taller subjects like people and buildings generally look better in a vertical position.
C. Horizons, groups of people, and pictures of hot dogs you can leave the camera in the normal position.
V. Finally, probably the most important thing to remember when taking pictures is fill the picture with your subject.
A. Move in close to your subject (they won’t bite).
B. This brings out more detail in your pictures and minimizes the problem with complicated backgrounds.
C. Don’t get too close, most cameras can’t focus well until they are 3 feet away from the subject.

I just did a 5-6 min informative speech on 5 easy to use techniques to taking better pictures, went over very well, look on kodak's site they have some great general info about this type of stuff
do you possibly still have an outline for that and did you use visual aids ?

do you possibly still have an outline for that and did you use visual aids ?

They haven't been here for a few months. You do realize this thread is 12 years old, right?

Zombie Thread Day.jpg

Not a big deal. The date of the post is over the avatar.

How to photograph the nude

Most reactions

New Topics

Back