Help on what equipment to get.

Caldwell8792

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, Im new to the forums =]
Well here is the situatuion. I really love photography so I decided to get me a pretty decent camera but at the time I didn't know what it was I was looking for lens wise. I ended up getting an olympus digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5 lens for my olympus E-500 camera. It's a great lens but Ive got to run a 1/2 mile away from my subject to get a good picture.

Anyways, My mom loves my work and she wants me to do her wedding reception pictures ( mom & dad is gettin back together ) she said it will be alittle "dark" so I know I'll need a flash but I need another lens for closer pictures. but I dont know what to get exactly.

So this is where you professionals come in ;) I didnt know if you guys could hook me up with a new lens and flash for no more than $300.00? give or take a little bit.

I'm not familiar with olympus camera's or lens, but if its gonna be dark and considering the fact that it is a wedding i would go with a fast lens, like a 50 or 85mm with at least a f/1.8 if not a 1.4!!!! good luck

Thank you for your reply, helps me out on what to look for. Im looking around right now and on B&H I found a macro 35mm with a f/3.5

Do you all have any sites that I could look around on?

Try adorama, and amazon also!!! try to find something faster than a f/3.5, like 2.8, or 1.8

Well here is the situatuion. I really love photography so I decided to get me a pretty decent camera but at the time I didn't know what it was I was looking for lens wise. I ended up getting an olympus digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5 lens for my olympus E-500 camera. It's a great lens but Ive got to run a 1/2 mile away from my subject to get a good picture.

Anyways, My mom loves my work and she wants me to do her wedding reception pictures ( mom & dad is gettin back together ) she said it will be alittle "dark" so I know I'll need a flash but I need another lens for closer pictures. but I dont know what to get exactly.

So this is where you professionals come in ;) I didnt know if you guys could hook me up with a new lens and flash for no more than $300.00? give or take a little bit.

You will need a flash for indoors shots. Here's one at a reasonable price for your Olympus

Vivitar | DF 383 Series 1 Digital TTL Shoe Mount | DF-383-OLY

I am so excited your mom and dad are getting back together! That is the best news of all! Congratulations :thumbup:

You will need a flash for indoors shots. Here's one at a reasonable price for your Olympus

Vivitar | DF 383 Series 1 Digital TTL Shoe Mount | DF-383-OLY

I am so excited your mom and dad are getting back together! That is the best news of all! Congratulations :thumbup:

Thanks man I appreciate that so much man. Im happy they are getting back together too

Gosh, I've been looking everywhere. I cant find any short lenses that arent 400 and 800 bucks!

Fast lenses (f2.8 or faster) tend to be more expensive because of the higher quality optics.

John.

Thank you for your reply, helps me out on what to look for. Im looking around right now and on B&H I found a macro 35mm with a f/3.5

Do you all have any sites that I could look around on?
Go here to decide which lens you want.

Then go to KEH, Adorama, Amazon or B&H Photo Video to find the price that works for you. Note: KEH is used gear and the other 3 carry both new and used.

I really prefer adorama to the others myself
N.gif

Honestly Im only seeing f3.5- like 5.6's for my price range.

So lets say I get a lens like 14-42 f3.5-f5.6
How is this going to work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back