Help: Photos With Santa!

Kross74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have a few questions...I want to provide photos with Santa this year about 2-3 days and about 3-4 hours.
Normally, I believe people don't actually get into the christmas spirit until the day after Thanksgiving.

My question is: how much should I charge for the photos: individual, family, packages, etc.? I will have everyone to return another day to pick up photos. Photos will not be available the same day. I'm clueless about how to charge for the photos. Booking Santa is pretty expensive: most charge $150 for an hour and $100 there after. I'm trying to factor my cost for Santa but I have no idea of how this may turn out as far as profit is concern. I have heard that this type of thing does pretty well. Please if anyone could reply back with any knowledge, ideas, whatever you can give will be very helpful!

Thanks
Kim

Wow that's an expensive Santa. He may cut too much into any profit.
I am doing photos with Santa (with pets) on an appt. basis (trying it first time this year) and he's nowhere near that expensive. Might try advertising for you own Santa for the days you need at a better price.
As for print packages, that depends where you are, what you're providing, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't price them too far differently than any packages you provide now...but if you try to sell them dirt cheap (and if they are expecting very low cost packages) you won't come out ahead.
Hope this helps a bit!
~Rebecca

Thanks for taking your time replying back to my question. You know, I also plan to do photos of pets as well. :)

Unfortunately, pretty much that's the going rate of what the Santas are charging, it's crazy! It seems as if they're trying to make up for wages lost for off peak season, I don't get it.

My God, do you have full time Santas over there, its a one day job here, pick any granpa, stick him in a suit, give him beer money and the jobs done. H

I wish it were that easy but I want the nearest thing next to Santa. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and just pay up. I won't know if it'll be success unless I try!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back