Help please

TylerPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some photo's i done in the past week - Pictures by TylerPhotographyUK - Photobucket

Hello, I'm Tyler and I'm new to photography, I'm 14. I just wanted to know if I'm any good?

Camera: Canon EOS 10D
Lense: Canon ultrasonic 55-200
Flash: Speedlite 220EX

I only recently started using my camera again, but i want to upgrade. What camera do you suggest? I was thinking about the canon EOS 550D, but you're the professionals so i come to you and see what camera you suggest (Canon range).

Keep shooting and practicing. The only way to get better is to shoot more.
You are off to a good start...take some classes, read some books, look at images...practice practice practice.

For camera upgrades, depends on the budget. If you want used, look at a 40D. New? Look at a 60D or 7D
Anything in the rebel line 500, 550... pretty much the same.

You will also want to seriously think about upgrading your glass. Glass is more important than the body. Start with a good 50mm f/1.8 and learn to compose with that.

^ encouragement for someone not to devote too much attention/money to gear,

the body is fine, but the lens is very limiting. the 10D is a cropped frame body and has a 1.6x factor for all lens attached to it. your 55-200 will become a 88-320mm, too telephoto for everyday stuff. good advice to start with the 50mm, and more importantly, spend more money on glass!

you are off to a good start. You seem to have an eye for it. But learning and improvement is a never ending journey

Ok guys, thanks for the advice and i will practice. And when i get some more money, ill get new glass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back