Help! Please...

melcooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melscorner.net
I took this picture of the squirrel with my telephoto lens and all the pictures came out with the edges blurry and the center somewhat in focus...Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? I am using a Nikon Coolpix 8700 with the telephoto attachment and the "Close-up" setting on the camera. Sorry for such a noob question, but all help is appreciated...
squirrel01.jpg

Nothing to fix...cool effect :mrgreen:

Actually, I'm not sure. Kinda looks like lens flare? It's possible the glass on your telephoto attachment is just poorly made. Unfortunately, wide glass has a tendancy to be soft around the edges if poorly made?

I'd like to hear any other opinions also :)

woodsac said:
Nothing to fix...cool effect :mrgreen:

Actually, I'm not sure. Kinda looks like lens flare? It's possible the glass on your telephoto attachment is just poorly made. Unfortunately, wide glass has a tendancy to be soft around the edges if poorly made?

I'd like to hear any other opinions also :)

Thanks! I will keep working with it...

Is it possible with your Nikon to zoom while your shooting a picture? Like once you press the shutter, can you still zoom in or out? It looks a lot like a zoomer.

woodsac said:
Is it possible with your Nikon to zoom while your shooting a picture? Like once you press the shutter, can you still zoom in or out? It looks a lot like a zoomer.

Nope, I just tried it and I could not zoom and take a pix at the same time...I will have to keep working on it...

with the telephoto attachment and the "Close-up" setting on the camera

That sounds like your problem right there.

Those attachments are not the best quality to start with.

Is the telephoto adaptor screwed on properly and not miss threaded? Is the glass clean and free from finger prints and smudges?

Eric

for me make more darker for the subject..

but i like the effect

Is the effect maybe due to the "close-up" setting? i have a +3 close up filter for my SLR which has a similar effect on my photos, especially if what I am shooting is more than a few inches away from the lens... i think the "close-up" setting might be for more macro-type photography. Have you tried the telephoto attachment on a different setting with similar results?

JTHphoto said:
Is the effect maybe due to the "close-up" setting? i have a +3 close up filter for my SLR which has a similar effect on my photos, especially if what I am shooting is more than a few inches away from the lens... i think the "close-up" setting might be for more macro-type photography. Have you tried the telephoto attachment on a different setting with similar results?

Yes, I have tried different settings and gotten the same result...what really confuses me is the first time I used the lens, I got a perfect picture...no fuzzy edges at all. I am going to try using it again today and try to change my focal viewpoint...will let you guys know if it helps. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back