HELP!!!! PLEEEASE! :(

Unfortunately, it's my thumb, forefinger, and middle finger on my right hand...and yes...I'm right handed.

S'all good...I have about 5 icepacks in my freezer...I'll just rotate through them all day. Not gonna be easy later on when I have to go do my Thursday night Childrens group..but I'll manage. :) Like I said...as long as I keep it cold, I feel no pain.

I hate burns... I just read this post(I'm late)
I usually break the end off of an Aloe vera plant and rub the juice of it on the burn. It works better than anything else I've tried, and it keeps the burn off for a long time.
I have some growing outside... if you don't have any of it I'm not sure where you would get it.. lol

Well, I hope you feel better!:)

Artemis said:
Am I the only one who ignores the burn and then it goes away?

Well then you have never been really burned.

I once spilt fresh hot chocolate over my hand...been burnt by a match...couple times...had hot wax fall on my hands....maybe I dunno.
I run it under cold water, but only for about 5 seconds then it just bores me...

Artemis said:
I once spilt fresh hot chocolate over my hand...been burnt by a match...couple times...had hot wax fall on my hands....maybe I dunno.
I run it under cold water, but only for about 5 seconds then it just bores me...
You could just be one of the lucky types who don't feel pain like some people. Once you graduate into the 1st degree possibly 2nd degree burn like Corry is describing, it's just not that easy to shake off. Burns can leave scarring, too - they're bad news.

terri said:
You could just be one of the lucky types who don't feel pain like some people. Once you graduate into the 1st degree possibly 2nd degree burn like Corry is describing, it's just not that easy to shake off. Burns can leave scarring, too - they're bad news.

no joke. a few years back i spilled a pot of boiling water on my hand. now, i'm not going to sit here and try to tell you guys it was an accident cause i'd be lying, but... yeah.

anyway, it was BAD. i should have gone to the hospital, but i didn't. mainly, i didn't want to have to explain how it happened, you know? :guilty:

it turned all sorts of strange colors and made a huge, very odd blister that then broke and the skin was so thin that it all peeled off leaving this shiny, bright pink, very thin skin underneath that dried out VERY easily and then cracked and bled any time i tried to grip anything.

not fun times.

the scar really only shows when i have a tan or when i get hot and my skins flushes.

core_17 said:
Hey...that is a good excuse not to clean!

"Sorry honey...cleaning is a hazard to my health...once the apartment gets bad enough, I'll just move out!" :)

Big Mike posted some good stuff. Take good care of it. Hope you feel better soon.

I hate housework. Do it today and six months later you have to do it again. :lol:

Put a bit of Olive Oil on it. A little salt and pepper to then stick your hand in your pocket. If you get hungry later pull it out and have a nibble.

Perhaps chop some onions to. I hear the smell, and I'm assuming the taste, stays around for a while.

ferny said:
Put a bit of Olive Oil on it. A little salt and pepper to then stick your hand in your pocket. If you get hungry later pull it out and have a nibble.

Perhaps chop some onions to. I hear the smell, and I'm assuming the taste, stays around for a while.

:lmao: at you Ferny!

ferny said:

Tastes like chicken I bet...

I hope it's better by now C! :(

maybe this will cheer you up...
8.gif

I've always used honey. It stings like hell but it won't allow a blister to happen or leave any burn marks.

Ouch, hopw your all good.... the worse burn ive ever had was a 3rd degree freeze burn created by good ole nitrogen :D

Most reactions

Back