HELP! Printing problem or editing problem???

sandbooger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so I did large martial arts photo shoot and edited them using CS4. I cut the subject off of a grey background and put them on a digital background. I made the first image an 8x10 at 300dpi. I proceeded to crop the photo to 5x7, 3x5 and wallets (also at 300dpi) I used working sRGB (or the North American General purpose profile; embeded.) So I sent them to a professional photo lab, the 8x10s came out pink, and the smaller sizes gradually shifted to yellow with more contrast. Is this something that I did or is it the photo labs problem? We printed with this same lab last year and the opposite happened. The smaller sizes were orange and the larger sizes were ok. The lab told me that it was something I did, but when I printed the photo at home, or pulled the photo up on any computer, the image was normal. I have never had this issue with any other photo lab...so I am just trying to find out if I can legitimately put the blame on the lab.

Last edited:
You should contact the lab, ASAP.

Is your computer display calibrated?

What color space were the photos edited in?

Which lab, and was the lab expected to color correct the photos? Is the lab prepared to handle embedded color profiles?

FWIW, for digital photos it's PPI (pixels-per-inch), not DPI (dots-per-inch) which is a printer resolution value. The terms PPI and DPI are not really interchangable. Some inkjet printers use several hundred dots to print a single pixel.

If it is the same image that is printing in multiple different colors on different sizes it's a lab problem. If it is different images that could well be another story entirely. What lab were you using?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back