Help settle a disagreement!

Cheex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend and I are arguing as to which version looks better. We've decided to let the forum vote! Any comments welcome.

Untitled11111.jpg

DSC_8967-1_68-2_69-3_70-4_71-5_72-6_73-7_tonemappedrz.jpg

Hard to say, I tend to like number 2 better for the colour in the sky, but the foreground is so cluttered.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

#1 is better IMO but overall way to much clutter my eyes bounce around the roof tops with no where to rest.

I like #1. The colors in the sky are much deeper and richer and the sunset isn't competing as much with the cluttered cityscape below.

Number one for sure. The sky has better colors for a sunset, and the underexposed foreground helps get rid of some of the clutter. Number two just has way too much going on and feels washed out a bit.

i like 1 better, if you chop out all the useless building in the foreground.

they take away the attention from the sunset.

#1 is better. #2 looks too "worked".

In #2 there are two centers of interest, the street and the sunset and they are separated by a dark band. They aren't connected or related so there isn't much clue what is the real thing you want the viewer to look at.

I agree that the buildings in the foreground create such clutter in BOTH shots that it's highly distracting.
I prefer the colors of the sunset/sunrise in the first, but if it were my photo, I'd crop out those buildings in the foreground, and make the whole photo a longer, narrower ratio.

i like 1 better, if you chop out all the useless building in the foreground.

they take away the attention from the sunset.

Agreed, that processing (shadow & highlight tool, HDR or whatever) does not look good.

Remember, in photography you have to have highlights and shadows, lights and darks to bring out emotion or character in a scene.
Not everything has to be overdone to convey an emotion or scene.

#1 Hands down. The color in the sky is beautiful, #2 the colors in the sky too weak, and the lower half is cluttered.

I'll go with #1 also. It could have been even a little darker to obscure the buildings in the foreground. Fewer distractions.

1 is the better of the two. The over saturation is the only problem.

Most reactions

Back