Help! Sisters wedding this weekend

WorkInProgress

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm brand spanking new to this and I'm trying to learn as much as I can and not be in auto mode all the time, or if I am see what works in auto and then go to manual and use that as a basis and adjust.

Anywaysssss.... My sister is getting married this weekend, and I can't seem to figure out how to take good indoor or low light shots on the T2i. I have the regular 18-55 and 50-250 IS lens. I was thinking of getting the $100 50mm lens that's on amazon. Is there anything suggestions out there?

My main issue is the flash is just too bright for people, so I try to use the no flash setting, but the shutter speed is ridiculously slow. Don't get me wrong, I've read up and I understand that there's a give and take with aperture vs iso vs etc etc, but shooting kids indoors always gives me those ghost shots of eyes half closed half open.

ANY and all suggestions is appreciated. Thank you!

have a full box of cookies.

How long have you owned your T2i?

Just curious if you considered studying settings and practicing with the camera a helluva lot further in advance than a few days before the wedding.

Go to the wedding and enjoy it. Let the professional photographer worry about getting the pictures.

Please tell me that your sister hired a professional photographer and you're just taking snapshots because you own a camera.

Haven't had one of these threads in a while!

Get the book "understanding exposure".

Try a diffuser on your pop up flash, and learn hot to adjust it's power.

The 50mm wouldn't be a bad idea.

Be sure to post pictures when you are done!

Got the book understanding exposure before I even got the camera, with a 40% off coupon from Borders to boot.

Sister has no professional photog, I'm actually in the wedding so I'm having someone else use it for church pictures.

Only had the camera for two week or so, practicing daily, but a full time worker and student, so I can only read so much of the manual.

All suggestions have been placed in my pocket, even the cookie one, and are appreciated, along with the patience. Remember we were all knew to something at one time or another. I like to take things slow and familiarize myself before saying anything, hence the fact that this is only my third post, but I'm kinda in a bind right now, so I was seeking help quick, what with the time crunch and all. Thanks

pics I've already taken

photostream
i guess I don't know how to upload pics so here's my flickr

www.flickr.com/christysb
photostream

OMG.. dude.. come on. Tell your sister to get a reality check. Here are some ideas:
1. Hire a pro
2. Hire an aspiring photog for dirt cheap on craigslist.. full of them (results cant be guaranteed good but having another photog will be better)

I would say take a friend to the places you are going to shoot and practice on real live subjects in each location and use a notepad to keep your best result settings in and pray for the same conditions during the wedding

I would say take a friend to the places you are going to shoot and practice on real live subjects in each location and use a notepad to keep your best result settings in and pray for the same conditions during the wedding

I doubt that will do much.. the wedding is this weekend LOL.

Really... go to CL right now and find an amateur. Look at their portfolio. Give $100 and feed him/her.

I second the above notion. Especially since this is not going to be you taking the pictures who is learning but someone who is going to "borrow" your camera.

I second the above notion. Especially since this is not going to be you taking the pictures who is learning but someone who is going to "borrow" your camera.

Both good options........a great wedding gift....a photographer to take the wedding pics........I paid for a photographer for my sons wedding, I could have probably pulled of some decent shots...................but...........

Most reactions

Back