Help! Sisters wedding this weekend

My take on this: in the past 6 months that I've been here there has been several threads with "Help, I'm taking the wedding pictures" with this same situation and you know what, they did ok. There was no bridezilla, no deaths in the family, no lawsuits, no hair pulling.
The Bride and Groom always seem grateful to be helped at the last moment or for the free price or whatever.
I say to the op "Good Luck" and have fun. As suggested in other threads by others throw some disposal cameras on a table and let every one take pics for the couple.:thumbup:

My take on this: in the past 6 months that I've been here there has been several threads with "Help, I'm taking the wedding pictures" with this same situation and you know what, they did ok. There was no bridezilla, no deaths in the family, no lawsuits, no hair pulling.
The Bride and Groom always seem grateful to be helped at the last moment or for the free price or whatever.
I say to the op "Good Luck" and have fun. As suggested in other threads by others throw some disposal cameras on a table and let every one take pics for the couple.:thumbup:

Well said, it is amazing to me on how many people trash the OP for just trying to help out.

The advice is for me still, as I'm going to be taking the night shots.

You want to shoot night shots? Oh boy. Unless you know what you are doing (and I hope you own a tripod), you're going to end up with nothing but a bunch of blurriness.

pics I've already taken
i guess I don't know how to upload pics so here's my flickr

www.flickr.com/christysb

Looking at the Flickr account you linked, you haven't the slightest clue about settings on a camera.

The one of the dog is awful in so many ways... blurry, grainy, and out of focus.

The one of the dog with the glowing green eyes is blurry, grainy, and the dog's green eyes are boaring a hole into my soul.

And the picture of the wedding cake has horrible lighting, bad angle, grainy, out of focus, and truly just awful.

If you have NO equipment for setting up indoor lighting, or knowledge of how to use the meter on your flash or how to bounce it, all the photo's will come out looking as bad as that one.

Seriously, post an ad on Craigslist begging for a photographer that at least knows camera settings and has some basic equipment, and tell them you'll give them $100 - $150 for them to take some decent shots.

That shot of the puppy with the green laser-like eyes is really something! Love his Chux potty-training pad to the right!
All sizes | IMG00305-20100710-2310.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The advice is for me still, as I'm going to be taking the night shots.

You want to shoot night shots? Oh boy. Unless you know what you are doing (and I hope you own a tripod), you're going to end up with nothing but a bunch of blurriness.

pics I've already taken
i guess I don't know how to upload pics so here's my flickr

www.flickr.com/christysb

Looking at the Flickr account you linked, you haven't the slightest clue about settings on a camera.

The one of the dog is awful in so many ways... blurry, grainy, and out of focus.

The one of the dog with the glowing green eyes is blurry, grainy, and the dog's green eyes are boaring a hole into my soul.

And the picture of the wedding cake has horrible lighting, bad angle, grainy, out of focus, and truly just awful.

If you have NO equipment for setting up indoor lighting, or knowledge of how to use the meter on your flash or how to bounce it, all the photo's will come out looking as bad as that one.

Seriously, post an ad on Craigslist begging for a photographer that at least knows camera settings and has some basic equipment, and tell them you'll give them $100 - $150 for them to take some decent shots.

I don't know if only I can see this on flickr, but on the upper right hand side it says what the picture was taken with. The dog and cake pictures were taken with a cell phone. The only pics I've taken with the T2i on my flickr are the beach/sunset ones, so basically the first three.

Everyone, advice was much appreciated. Got a flash and a tripod and set up the night shots, not many candids, but the ones that we took came out pretty ok. The church ones were taken by a pro(ish) so I was still in the wedding party, not super distracted taking pictures.

Overall great day! Now to take this journey at a much slower pace :D

Don't leave us hanging... gotta post some photos...

will do!

Testing Photobucket:

Sunset508.jpg

Awwwwh. See why she picked you!!!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back